Random Questions - Page 6

BlackMolly99

You have to come to my house. We have A LOT of junipers that the wild rabbits love. We must have hundreds of rabbits all around our yard( 4 acres plus my grandparents who live next to us, who have at least 2 acres).

julifhy

Should I get IAL from Wish? They're $4 for 10 leaves lol.

Pariah

julifhy said:
I've always been too afraid to order off of Wish. The prices usually seem too good to be true and they usually ship from overseas which can take months and the laws can be sketchy regarding advertising accuracy. I have heard good things about Tannin Aquatics, but never personally ordered from them.

JuiceBox52

julifhy said:
Wish is sketchy. I wouldn't

julifhy

Pariah said:
I've always been too afraid to order off of Wish. The prices usually seem too good to be true and they usually ship from overseas which can take months and the laws can be sketchy regarding advertising accuracy. I have heard good things about Tannin Aquatics, but never personally ordered from them.
Yeah I definitely agree.
I’ll also definitely check out Tannin Aquatics!

JuiceBox52 said:
Wish is sketchy. I wouldn't
I’m actually going to be buying some aquarium decorations from them
This is the one I’m getting:
and I’m also getting a betta hammock from them.
I kind of want to get the IAL now to see if they’re actually good or not lol. I have no idea how to test them out though without causing any possible harm tho

Pariah

I found an awesome vase at Walmart. How many bettas and goldfish can I put in it?!

/sarcasm

julifhy

Pariah said:
I found an awesome vase at Walmart. How many bettas and goldfish can I put in it?!

/sarcasm

Hmm... I think 2 male bettas and a couple feeder goldfish would work PERFECTLY hilarious

FishBoy101

Pariah said:

/sarcasm

Ah, that's not enough fish. 18 more goldfish, 12 female bettas and 12 male bettas, you'll getting a lot of baby fish lol

julifhy

How should I convince my parents to get 2 guinea pigs?

My sister and I went to petsmart today and I showed my mom this picture and she thinks the black one is really cute, but guinea pigs are better in pairs and these 2 look like they’ve bonded
My mom isn’t convinced on having 2 guinea pigs lol. I think my dad would be fine with it though.
I also don’t like getting animals from petsmart and petco (I’d rather adopt), but there’s currently no guinea pigs in our area we can adopt (I check everyday lol). These 2 also just seem so perfect

JuiceBox52

julifhy said:
How should I convince my parents to get 2 guinea pigs?

My sister and I went to petsmart today and I showed my mom this picture and she thinks the black one is really cute, but guinea pigs are better in pairs and these 2 look like they’ve bonded
My mom isn’t convinced on having 2 guinea pigs lol. I think my dad would be fine with it though.
I also don’t like getting animals from petsmart and petco (I’d rather adopt), but there’s currently no guinea pigs in our area we can adopt (I check everyday lol). These 2 also just seem so perfect
Be aware that petsmart/petco animals will be much less tame and will be harder to handle

julifhy

JuiceBox52 said:
Be aware that petsmart/petco animals will be much less tame and will be harder to handle
Yeah they did seem pretty wary of me when I was looking at them. They’re still really young though. I had a guinea pig for 8 years from petsmart. Her name was Ginger She passed away 2 years ago unfortunately
I’ve convinced my dad, but my mom isn’t sure about getting 2 of them. We also don’t have a cage yet and the only good ones available are online :inpain:

MySquishy

AquaCaitlin said:
1) “Milk or cereal first?”
Gluten and dairy free- can’t have either Although probably cereal

I am also gluten-free, and lactose intolerant.
Try oat milk!! It does taste reminiscent of oatmeal at first, but faintly, you get used to it. I like it. And it’s the only thing besides coconut milk that actually has worthwhile nutrition in it: rice, soy, almond, etc., are all mostly water.
There are some good gluten-free cereal’s….

Dippiedee

What a perfect thread to revive

HOW do you use emojis on here?

julifhy

Dippiedee said:

There’s smilies:

But I’m not sure about actually emojis. I think you can use them, but anyone who isn’t using an Apple product, might not see it.
I’ll try to use them:
Can everyone see the fish?

Edit: the fish do not show up lol.
What about these:

SouthAmericanCichlids

julifhy said:
There’s smilies:

But I’m not sure about actually emojis. I think you can use them, but anyone who isn’t using an Apple product, might not see it.
I’ll try to use them:

What about these:
Yeah, I am using Microsoft laptop.

jkkgron2

julifhy said:
What about these:
I can see them!

Betta'sAnonymous

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

SouthAmericanCichlids

Betta'sAnonymous said:
I don't know, it all depends on what the answer to this question is: Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked; If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

erinw347

SouthAmericanCichlids said:
I don't know, it all depends on what the answer to this question is: Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked; If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
too confusing for my small brain.

Is there a story behind the shirt your wearing?
Mine was a hand me down from my sister that was originally brown, but I bleached to be gray.

Dippiedee

Aaaaah thank you lol

Edit: why is lm*o censored?

erinw347

Dippiedee said:
Aaaaah thank you lol

It can probably be considered explicit

AquaBaby

Dippiedee said:

julifhy said:
There’s smilies:

I’ll try to use them:

What about these:
Here's available smileys:
Smilies

Betta'sAnonymous said:
A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as he could chuck.

SouthAmericanCichlids said:
When Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, a peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper really picked. And now, you pose for me to suppose where the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked might be? Well, he ate 'em.

Dippiedee said:
Aaaaah thank you lol

You could always just use the term donkey instead! LM.... Wait... that could interpreted wrong. I changed my mind. Just go with LOL

EDIT
Forgot to ask my random question!

If you unraveled all the threads in a pair of your jeans, put them all end to end, how long would it be?

erinw347

AquaBaby said:
Smilies

A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as he could chuck.

When Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, a peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper really picked. And now, you pose for me to suppose where the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked might be? Well, he ate 'em.

You could always just use the term donkey instead! LM.... Wait... that could interpreted wrong. I changed my mind. Just go with LOL

EDIT

If you unraveled all the threads in a pair of your jeans, put them all end to end, how long would it be?
Well, it depends what size you wear. But I’m gonna go with half a mile.

Frisbee

Does anyone have a really good gluten free, dairy free pumpkin pie? I’ve made several, but in order to make them creamy, I used coconut in the filling, and they tasted to much like coconut, so I’m looking for other options.

I also tried to make one with dairy free yogurt, and that FLOPPED... like literally.

I’m out of ideas...

MySquishy

Can you have eggs?
That’s what gives a lot of custard-y pies their texture.

I am gluten and dairy free also, and a friend of mine is allergic to eggs so when I make safe desserts I usually include her needs as well. I’ll have to dig up the recipe that worked well for me, ( it’s completely vegan, no milk or eggs and was still good.) if I can find it. It’s I’m not a huge pumpkin pie fan, so it’s been a couple years since I’ve made it.

If I find my recipe I’ll post it for you!

julifhy

AquaBaby said:
Smilies

EDIT

I had no idea all the smilies were there. Thanks!

As for the random question, I have no idea lol.

Frisbee said:
Does anyone have a really good gluten free, dairy free pumpkin pie? I’ve made several, but in order to make them creamy, I used coconut in the filling, and they tasted to much like coconut, so I’m looking for other options.

I also tried to make one with dairy free yogurt, and that FLOPPED... like literally.

I’m out of ideas...
Here’s a recipe I found:

NYT Cooking has great recipes! I highly recommend it

Frisbee

julifhy said:

Here’s a recipe I found:

I forgot my password, and it’s not sending me an email. I resent it twice and checked my spam folder like 6 times.

hmmph, time to start experimenting with passwords I guess...

Frisbee

Sigh... I tried a dozen different passwords and my other email, still can’t figure it out. I know I made an account with NYT before.

Frisbee

julifhy said:

Here’s a recipe I found:

Okay, I finally got in... and the recipe has Aquafaba in it (made from chickpeas)...

I can’t eat legumes either (health problems).

sigh, maybe my venture is hopeless. I guess I’ll keep looking.

MySquishy

Frisbee said:

I’m out of ideas...

Turns out the really fantastic recipe I remembered wasn’t mine... and I don’t have it.

*but* I’ve made this ^^one before, and it’s pretty good. I like a different crust than what it calls for; (see second pic.) it has a better texture. ( just remember, *cold* butter and *cold* water/milk is key in flaky pie crust.)

also, if you like whipped cream on top I’d try coco whip. It doesn’t really have much of a coconut flavor IMO.

Frisbee

MySquishy said:
Turns out the really fantastic recipe I remembered wasn’t mine... and I don’t have it.

*but* I’ve made this ^^one before, and it’s pretty good. I like a different crust than what it calls for; (see second pic.) it has a better texture. ( just remember, *cold* butter and *cold* water/milk is key in flaky pie crust.)

also, if you like whipped cream on top I’d try coco whip. It doesn’t really have much of a coconut flavor IMO.
Okay, looks promising. How creamy is the filling? Almond milk is usually thin, that’s why it seems like no one wants to use it. The arrowroot idea might fix that though.

The crust is no big deal. I make a really good almond flour pie crust. Its mainly the filling that I have a hard time mastering.

MySquishy

Frisbee said:
Okay, looks promising. How creamy is the filling? Almond milk is usually thin, that’s why it seems like no one wants to use it. The arrowroot idea might fix that though.

The crust is no big deal. I make a really good almond flour pie crust. Its mainly the filling that I have a hard time mastering.

It’s been a couple years since I made it, (I’m more of a chocolate pie person) but I remember it being close to conventional pumpkin pie, not quite as creamy, but good. Loads better than anything using gelatin. (I’ve never been truly vegan as an ideology, it’s just that it’s an easy shorthand in recipes for “dairy and egg free.”)

Cooking the arrowroot with the almond milk thickens it to a pudding-like consistency. Similar method as making vegan pudding actually.
You could probably use whatever “milk” you want, almond, cashew, rice, soy. Since they’re mostly water.
I’ve never done this pie with oat milk, but I recently made chocolate pudding using oat milk instead of almond milk, and it was *much* thicker and creamier!! same recipe otherwise besides the different milk. So using oat milk could potentially make the pie even creamier than I remember it.

Frisbee

MySquishy said:
It’s been a couple years since I made it, (I’m more of a chocolate pie person) but I remember it being close to conventional pumpkin pie, not quite as creamy, but good. Loads better than anything using gelatin. (I’ve never been truly vegan as an ideology, it’s just that it’s an easy shorthand in recipes for “dairy and egg free.”)

Cooking the arrowroot with the almond milk thickens it to a pudding-like consistency. Same method as making vegan pudding actually.
You could probably use whatever “milk” you want, almond, cashew, rice, soy. Since they’re mostly water.
I’ve never done this pie with oat milk, but I recently made chocolate pudding using oat milk instead of almond milk, and it was *much* thicker and creamier!! same recipe otherwise besides the different milk. So using oat milk could potentially make the pie even creamier than I remember it.
Thanks!

MySquishy

Frisbee said:

No problem!
Happy to help a fellow restricted eater

Now that I’m thinking about it, flavor/consistency were good with that pie but it didn’t rise as much as a “ regular” pie. If you add an egg or two it might help with that.
(If I were going to do that, I’d look at a typical recipe and figure out how many cups of filling and how many eggs it calls for, and then find out how many cups of filling this GF/DF one makes and use a similar number of eggs— if maybe one less since it’s got starch too.

NBettas83

I forgot about this thread.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom