Random Questions - Page 6

BlackMolly99

Member
You have to come to my house. We have A LOT of junipers that the wild rabbits love. We must have hundreds of rabbits all around our yard( 4 acres plus my grandparents who live next to us, who have at least 2 acres).
 

julifhy

Member
Should I get IAL from Wish? They're $4 for 10 leaves lol.
 

Pariah

Member
julifhy said:
Should I get IAL from Wish? They're $4 for 10 leaves lol.
I've always been too afraid to order off of Wish. The prices usually seem too good to be true and they usually ship from overseas which can take months and the laws can be sketchy regarding advertising accuracy. I have heard good things about Tannin Aquatics, but never personally ordered from them.
 

JuiceBox52

Member
julifhy said:
Should I get IAL from Wish? They're $4 for 10 leaves lol.
Wish is sketchy. I wouldn't
 

julifhy

Member
Pariah said:
I've always been too afraid to order off of Wish. The prices usually seem too good to be true and they usually ship from overseas which can take months and the laws can be sketchy regarding advertising accuracy. I have heard good things about Tannin Aquatics, but never personally ordered from them.
Yeah I definitely agree.
I’ll also definitely check out Tannin Aquatics!

JuiceBox52 said:
Wish is sketchy. I wouldn't
I’m actually going to be buying some aquarium decorations from them
This is the one I’m getting:
and I’m also getting a betta hammock from them.
I kind of want to get the IAL now to see if they’re actually good or not lol. I have no idea how to test them out though without causing any possible harm tho
 

Pariah

Member
I found an awesome vase at Walmart. How many bettas and goldfish can I put in it?!

/sarcasm

 

julifhy

Member
Pariah said:
I found an awesome vase at Walmart. How many bettas and goldfish can I put in it?!

/sarcasm

Hmm... I think 2 male bettas and a couple feeder goldfish would work PERFECTLY hilarious
 

FishBoy101

Member
Pariah said:
I found an awesome vase at Walmart. How many bettas and goldfish can I put in it?!

/sarcasm

Ah, that's not enough fish. 18 more goldfish, 12 female bettas and 12 male bettas, you'll getting a lot of baby fish lol
 

julifhy

Member
How should I convince my parents to get 2 guinea pigs?

My sister and I went to petsmart today and I showed my mom this picture and she thinks the black one is really cute, but guinea pigs are better in pairs and these 2 look like they’ve bonded
My mom isn’t convinced on having 2 guinea pigs lol. I think my dad would be fine with it though.
I also don’t like getting animals from petsmart and petco (I’d rather adopt), but there’s currently no guinea pigs in our area we can adopt (I check everyday lol). These 2 also just seem so perfect
 

JuiceBox52

Member
julifhy said:
How should I convince my parents to get 2 guinea pigs?

My sister and I went to petsmart today and I showed my mom this picture and she thinks the black one is really cute, but guinea pigs are better in pairs and these 2 look like they’ve bonded
My mom isn’t convinced on having 2 guinea pigs lol. I think my dad would be fine with it though.
I also don’t like getting animals from petsmart and petco (I’d rather adopt), but there’s currently no guinea pigs in our area we can adopt (I check everyday lol). These 2 also just seem so perfect
Be aware that petsmart/petco animals will be much less tame and will be harder to handle
 

julifhy

Member
JuiceBox52 said:
Be aware that petsmart/petco animals will be much less tame and will be harder to handle
Yeah they did seem pretty wary of me when I was looking at them. They’re still really young though. I had a guinea pig for 8 years from petsmart. Her name was Ginger She passed away 2 years ago unfortunately
I’ve convinced my dad, but my mom isn’t sure about getting 2 of them. We also don’t have a cage yet and the only good ones available are online :inpain:
 

MySquishy

Member
AquaCaitlin said:
1) “Milk or cereal first?”
Gluten and dairy free- can’t have either Although probably cereal

I am also gluten-free, and lactose intolerant.
Try oat milk!! It does taste reminiscent of oatmeal at first, but faintly, you get used to it. I like it. And it’s the only thing besides coconut milk that actually has worthwhile nutrition in it: rice, soy, almond, etc., are all mostly water.
There are some good gluten-free cereal’s….
 

Dippiedee

Member
What a perfect thread to revive

HOW do you use emojis on here?
 

julifhy

Member
Dippiedee said:
What a perfect thread to revive

HOW do you use emojis on here?
There’s smilies:

But I’m not sure about actually emojis. I think you can use them, but anyone who isn’t using an Apple product, might not see it.
I’ll try to use them:
Can everyone see the fish?

Edit: the fish do not show up lol.
What about these:
 

SouthAmericanCichlids

Member
julifhy said:
There’s smilies:

But I’m not sure about actually emojis. I think you can use them, but anyone who isn’t using an Apple product, might not see it.
I’ll try to use them:
Can everyone see the fish?

Edit: the fish do not show up lol.
What about these:
Yeah, I am using Microsoft laptop.
 

jkkgron2

Member
julifhy said:
Edit: the fish do not show up lol.
What about these:
I can see them!
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
 

SouthAmericanCichlids

Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
I don't know, it all depends on what the answer to this question is: Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked; If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
 

erinw347

Member
SouthAmericanCichlids said:
I don't know, it all depends on what the answer to this question is: Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked; If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
too confusing for my small brain.

Is there a story behind the shirt your wearing?
Mine was a hand me down from my sister that was originally brown, but I bleached to be gray.
 

Dippiedee

Member


Aaaaah thank you lol

Edit: why is lm*o censored?
 

erinw347

Member
Dippiedee said:
Aaaaah thank you lol

Edit: why is lm*o censored?
It can probably be considered explicit
 

AquaBaby

Member
Dippiedee said:
What a perfect thread to revive

HOW do you use emojis on here?
julifhy said:
There’s smilies:

But I’m not sure about actually emojis. I think you can use them, but anyone who isn’t using an Apple product, might not see it.
I’ll try to use them:
Can everyone see the fish?

Edit: the fish do not show up lol.
What about these:
Here's available smileys:
Smilies

Betta'sAnonymous said:
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as he could chuck.

SouthAmericanCichlids said:
I don't know, it all depends on what the answer to this question is: Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked; If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
When Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, a peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper really picked. And now, you pose for me to suppose where the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked might be? Well, he ate 'em.

Dippiedee said:
Aaaaah thank you lol

Edit: why is lm*o censored?
You could always just use the term donkey instead! LM.... Wait... that could interpreted wrong. I changed my mind. Just go with LOL


EDIT
Forgot to ask my random question!

If you unraveled all the threads in a pair of your jeans, put them all end to end, how long would it be?
 

erinw347

Member
AquaBaby said:
Here's available smileys:
Smilies



A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as he could chuck.



When Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, a peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper really picked. And now, you pose for me to suppose where the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked might be? Well, he ate 'em.



You could always just use the term donkey instead! LM.... Wait... that could interpreted wrong. I changed my mind. Just go with LOL


EDIT
Forgot to ask my random question!

If you unraveled all the threads in a pair of your jeans, put them all end to end, how long would it be?
Well, it depends what size you wear. But I’m gonna go with half a mile.
 

Frisbee

Member
Does anyone have a really good gluten free, dairy free pumpkin pie? I’ve made several, but in order to make them creamy, I used coconut in the filling, and they tasted to much like coconut, so I’m looking for other options.

I also tried to make one with dairy free yogurt, and that FLOPPED... like literally.

I’m out of ideas...
 

MySquishy

Member
Can you have eggs?
That’s what gives a lot of custard-y pies their texture.

I am gluten and dairy free also, and a friend of mine is allergic to eggs so when I make safe desserts I usually include her needs as well. I’ll have to dig up the recipe that worked well for me, ( it’s completely vegan, no milk or eggs and was still good.) if I can find it. It’s I’m not a huge pumpkin pie fan, so it’s been a couple years since I’ve made it.

If I find my recipe I’ll post it for you!
 

julifhy

Member
AquaBaby said:
Here's available smileys:
Smilies

EDIT
Forgot to ask my random question!

If you unraveled all the threads in a pair of your jeans, put them all end to end, how long would it be?
I had no idea all the smilies were there. Thanks!

As for the random question, I have no idea lol.

Frisbee said:
Does anyone have a really good gluten free, dairy free pumpkin pie? I’ve made several, but in order to make them creamy, I used coconut in the filling, and they tasted to much like coconut, so I’m looking for other options.

I also tried to make one with dairy free yogurt, and that FLOPPED... like literally.

I’m out of ideas...
Here’s a recipe I found:

NYT Cooking has great recipes! I highly recommend it
 

Frisbee

Member
julifhy said:
I had no idea all the smilies were there. Thanks!

As for the random question, I have no idea lol.


Here’s a recipe I found:

NYT Cooking has great recipes! I highly recommend it
I forgot my password, and it’s not sending me an email. I resent it twice and checked my spam folder like 6 times.

hmmph, time to start experimenting with passwords I guess...
 

Frisbee

Member
Sigh... I tried a dozen different passwords and my other email, still can’t figure it out. I know I made an account with NYT before.
 

Frisbee

Member
julifhy said:
I had no idea all the smilies were there. Thanks!

As for the random question, I have no idea lol.


Here’s a recipe I found:

NYT Cooking has great recipes! I highly recommend it
Okay, I finally got in... and the recipe has Aquafaba in it (made from chickpeas)...

I can’t eat legumes either (health problems).

sigh, maybe my venture is hopeless. I guess I’ll keep looking.
 

MySquishy

Member
Frisbee said:
Does anyone have a really good gluten free, dairy free pumpkin pie? I’ve made several, but in order to make them creamy, I used coconut in the filling, and they tasted to much like coconut, so I’m looking for other options.

I also tried to make one with dairy free yogurt, and that FLOPPED... like literally.

I’m out of ideas...

Turns out the really fantastic recipe I remembered wasn’t mine... and I don’t have it.




*but* I’ve made this ^^one before, and it’s pretty good. I like a different crust than what it calls for; (see second pic.) it has a better texture. ( just remember, *cold* butter and *cold* water/milk is key in flaky pie crust.)

also, if you like whipped cream on top I’d try coco whip. It doesn’t really have much of a coconut flavor IMO.
 

Frisbee

Member
MySquishy said:
Turns out the really fantastic recipe I remembered wasn’t mine... and I don’t have it.




*but* I’ve made this ^^one before, and it’s pretty good. I like a different crust than what it calls for; (see second pic.) it has a better texture. ( just remember, *cold* butter and *cold* water/milk is key in flaky pie crust.)

also, if you like whipped cream on top I’d try coco whip. It doesn’t really have much of a coconut flavor IMO.
Okay, looks promising. How creamy is the filling? Almond milk is usually thin, that’s why it seems like no one wants to use it. The arrowroot idea might fix that though.

The crust is no big deal. I make a really good almond flour pie crust. Its mainly the filling that I have a hard time mastering.
 

MySquishy

Member
Frisbee said:
Okay, looks promising. How creamy is the filling? Almond milk is usually thin, that’s why it seems like no one wants to use it. The arrowroot idea might fix that though.

The crust is no big deal. I make a really good almond flour pie crust. Its mainly the filling that I have a hard time mastering.

It’s been a couple years since I made it, (I’m more of a chocolate pie person) but I remember it being close to conventional pumpkin pie, not quite as creamy, but good. Loads better than anything using gelatin. (I’ve never been truly vegan as an ideology, it’s just that it’s an easy shorthand in recipes for “dairy and egg free.”)

Cooking the arrowroot with the almond milk thickens it to a pudding-like consistency. Similar method as making vegan pudding actually.
You could probably use whatever “milk” you want, almond, cashew, rice, soy. Since they’re mostly water.
I’ve never done this pie with oat milk, but I recently made chocolate pudding using oat milk instead of almond milk, and it was *much* thicker and creamier!! same recipe otherwise besides the different milk. So using oat milk could potentially make the pie even creamier than I remember it.
 

Frisbee

Member
MySquishy said:
It’s been a couple years since I made it, (I’m more of a chocolate pie person) but I remember it being close to conventional pumpkin pie, not quite as creamy, but good. Loads better than anything using gelatin. (I’ve never been truly vegan as an ideology, it’s just that it’s an easy shorthand in recipes for “dairy and egg free.”)

Cooking the arrowroot with the almond milk thickens it to a pudding-like consistency. Same method as making vegan pudding actually.
You could probably use whatever “milk” you want, almond, cashew, rice, soy. Since they’re mostly water.
I’ve never done this pie with oat milk, but I recently made chocolate pudding using oat milk instead of almond milk, and it was *much* thicker and creamier!! same recipe otherwise besides the different milk. So using oat milk could potentially make the pie even creamier than I remember it.
Thanks!
 

MySquishy

Member
Frisbee said:

No problem!
Happy to help a fellow restricted eater

Now that I’m thinking about it, flavor/consistency were good with that pie but it didn’t rise as much as a “ regular” pie. If you add an egg or two it might help with that.
(If I were going to do that, I’d look at a typical recipe and figure out how many cups of filling and how many eggs it calls for, and then find out how many cups of filling this GF/DF one makes and use a similar number of eggs— if maybe one less since it’s got starch too.
 

NBettas83

Member
I forgot about this thread.
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom