Random Questions - Page 5

Pariah

BlackMolly99 said:
Please don't tell me you have shrimp in any of your tanks!
I have convicts. I don't even like putting my hands in there. They're evil in the flesh. My wife has electric blue acaras that probably couldn't care less if we put shrimp in there, but no. But c'mon, how many of us find just as much pleasure having fish in our tanks as we do on our plates?

BlackMolly99

I don't like eating shrimp myself, but of course I don't have a problem with other people enjoying it

Pariah

When the battery in your smoke alarm needs changed, why does it only beep between the hours of 11pm and 5am?

flyinGourami

I mighta used to eat straight up ketchup packets from my friend's hot lunch meal.

I like ketchup okay lol.

julifhy

Pariah said:
When the battery in your smoke alarm needs changed, why does it only beep between the hours of 11pm and 5am?
Probably to motivate you to change the battery lol but I doubt that works with most people

flyinGourami said:
I mighta used to eat straight up ketchup packets from my friend's hot lunch meal.

I like ketchup okay lol.
Idc what anyone says, ketchup is the best hilarious

NBettas83

flyinGourami said:

I like ketchup okay lol.
How should I respond...

Pariah

Does anyone else find it strangely satisfying vacuuming up a mess? Or using a carpet shampooer when the carpet and stains come clean...

JuiceBox52

I do hilarious

Lol

Pariah

Whenever we are in Vegas we always stop at M&M World and I always want to put one random off color M&M in one of the solid colors in the wall of M&Ms just to set off someone's OCD. Am I a bad person?

FinalFins

Pariah said:
Whenever we are in Vegas we always stop at M&M World and I always want to put one random off color M&M in one of the solid colors in the wall of M&Ms just to set off someone's OCD. Am I a bad person?
what a madlad!

Pariah

FinalFins said:
what a madlad!
I had to look that up. Hey, it would bother me. Like if someone other than me rearranges the half full egg carton in a non-symmetrical pattern, it bugs me.

JuiceBox52

Pariah said:
If I worked there I would totally do that lol

JuiceBox52

Anyone else bored?

Pariah

kanzekatores

Pariah said:
No. I am Board.

I don't see any opposable thumbs on you for typing, but I wont judge.

Pariah

kanzekatores said:
I don't see any opposable thumbs on you for typing, but I wont judge.
I lost them in an unfortunate woodworking accident, so I have to wear a prosthesis.

FinalFins

Pariah said:
I lost them in an unfortunate woodworking accident, so I have to wear a prosthesis.

Woah, whos taking the photo?

Pariah

FinalFins said:
Woah, whos taking the photo?
My wife. She learned a lot about photography from her mother, who was a model back in the 60's. Here she is with our two adopted sons, Branch and Woody and our daughter, Splinter. My parents are in the pool. They're from Africa, so they don't speak much English.

I swear, she looks just like her mother.

Her father was a teacher.

Pariah

I am honestly at a loss trying to solve my convicts attacking their reflection. I've tried no background, black background, blue, hazy, scenery, etc and I've offered hiding places galore. They still try to kill their reflection nonstop. The female has even injured her lips from the constant attacks. I'm hoping once the babies grow up a bit more they'll keep it down to a dull roar.

Utar

I'm tired of talking about it, just go away and leave me alone!

Pariah

If you were in a fish store and you saw someone with a bag of 20 guppies picking out a 1 gallon tank with the employee to put said fish fish in, would you say something?

FinalFins

Pariah said:
If you were in a fish store and you saw someone with a bag of 20 guppies picking out a 1 gallon tank with the employee to put said fish fish in, would you say something?
No. I've thought about talking to people before about that kind of stuff but I hate social interactions with people I don't know. Very introverted.

Also I wouldn't care anymore, since if they die, they die they should do some research and be responsible.

Utar

Pariah said:
I have seen something like this before and didn't say anything because people are not inclined to listen to total strangers. Possibly the number one reason why more people aren't into fish keeping is because they don't know what they are doing, and when the fish die they just give up.

If a person has never heard the term cycling an aquarium, how to choose the proper size tank for proper stocking, how to choose the right filtration etc, etc. It can be a bit overwhelming.

Pariah

FinalFins said:
No. I've thought about talking to people before about that kind of stuff but I hate social interactions with people I don't know. Very introverted.

Also I wouldn't care anymore, since if they die, they die they should do some research and be responsible.
We didn't get directly involved, either. We were a bit more passive aggressive in our tactics. We started having a "private conversation" about stocking levels and cycling our own tanks. If nothing else, maybe we planted some seeds. I certainly wouldn't wouldn't jump anyone's case, because I couldn't imagine any malicious intent on their part, but rather lack of knowledge and would only offer my experiences and links to informative sites like FL and others.

Other subjects (refer to signature), we are more bold talking about with strangers. We usually approach them to congratulate them and offer cards and literature that we keep on our person. This often results in many curious questions from parents.

Betta'sAnonymous

Who put the bop in the bop-she-bop-she-bop?

Also, who put the ram in the ramalamadingdong?

julifhy

Pariah said:
I would probably just give them a dirty look lol, but if I were to say something I would tell them something like “you you do know the minimum tank size for this # of guppies is ...” and then maybe ask them about cycling or equipment that guppies need and hopefully that will make them question if they should actually get the fish. Finally, I would give the sales person an even dirtier look lol.
Another thing you could do if you wanted to say something is make up a “horror” story about keeping 20 guppies in a gallon tank. Say something like “I used to have a tank like that and all my guppies died in a week. I don’t recommend getting a tank like that. It’s definitely a waste of money. It cost me hundreds of dollars trying to fix my mistake. I recommend investing in a bigger tank.”
Idk lol. These are just some thoughts on what you could say if you wanted to

kanzekatores

Pariah said:
I don’t think so because while fish in a bigger tank is more comfortable for them, they’re still fish in a limited amount of water. It’s hard to see it otherwise.

Pariah

kanzekatores said:
I don’t think so because while fish in a bigger tank is more comfortable for them, they’re still fish in a limited amount of water. It’s hard to see it otherwise.
The issue is those bigger tanks offer more space and filtration. Ammonia, nitrites and all the nasties that will quickly build up in such a small environment and kill the fish. That is on top of it being unethical to keep your fish in what would be, for us, a small room with 20 other people. This is coming from someone who over filters and stocks heavily. Big difference between 20 guppies in a 1 gallon un-cycled tank and 30+ in a 40 with double the normal amount of filtration in an established tank.

JuiceBox52

Should I cut my hair or not? I cant decide

julifhy

JuiceBox52 said:
If you can’t decide, cut it!
That’s what I do lol. When I can’t decide, I usually decide on cutting it because I know that me being indecisive is actually just me procrastinating

JuiceBox52

julifhy said:
If you can’t decide, cut it!
That’s what I do lol. When I can’t decide, I usually decide on cutting it because I know that me being indecisive is actually just me procrastinating
Yeah it's already so long its past my butt lol. I cant decide if I want to cut it to be shoulder length or not. If I cut it my hair will go curly too, which might get annoying

julifhy

JuiceBox52 said:
Yeah it's already so long its past my butt lol. I cant decide if I want to cut it to be shoulder length or not. If I cut it my hair will go curly too, which might get annoying
That’s how long I’m trying to grow out my hair lol. I need it to grow out 6 more inches for it to be the length I want it to be :inpain:
I personally love curly hair. My hair is wavy and I’m planning on getting a layered hair cut to hopefully make it more curly lol.

JuiceBox52

julifhy said:
That’s how long I’m trying to grow out my hair lol. I need it to grow out 6 more inches for it to be the length I want it to be :inpain:
I personally love curly hair. My hair is wavy and I’m planning on getting a layered hair cut to hopefully make it more curly lol.
I love my hair the length it is, you can do so much with it but it's also a pain to brush and I always end up sitting on it haha

I do to, but it's a pain to brush lol

Pariah

Our betta had prolapsed bowels and as of yesterday it had healed itself. But it's prolapsed again today. Now what?

BlackMolly99

JuiceBox52 said:
I love my hair the length it is, you can do so much with it but it's also a pain to brush and I always end up sitting on it haha

Don't lose that long hair!
Just cut a few inches off.

Pariah

JuiceBox52 said:
My wife said she'll cut it. She does mine all the time and does a pretty good job.

julifhy

JuiceBox52 said:

I mean if you love it, just cut some of it like blackmolly said lol. I guess it really depends on what you want

FishBoy101

Can you put in natural food coloring dye into aquarium water? (I'm not gonna do this)

Pariah

FishBoy101 said:
Can you put in natural food coloring dye into aquarium water? (I'm not gonna do this)
DIY glo-fish/rave tank?

Pariah

Ok ladies, help me out.

My wife is obsessed with Jason Momoa, Gerard Butler and Ryan Reynolds. She claims she doesn't like pretty boys, including saying they don't qualify as such. I think if you look in the dictionary under pretty boys, there are pictures of those three. Am I right?

Lol.

JuiceBox52

Pariah said:
Ok ladies, help me out.

My wife is obsessed with Jason Momoa, Gerard Butler and Ryan Reynolds. She claims she doesn't like pretty boys, including saying they don't qualify as such. I think if you look in the dictionary under pretty boys, there are pictures of those three. Am I right?

Lol.
Off topic, but I got a voicemail from ryan Reynolds once hilarious

julifhy

JuiceBox52 said:
Off topic, but I got a voicemail from ryan Reynolds once hilarious
What did he say? Lol

I’ve got some random questions:
Do you tend to text lol, haha, or put laughing emojis?
Do you text wbu or wby?
Is your phone on light or dark mode? (Mine is always on dark :cool
Last question, do you use any of these things (abbreviations/emojis) while texting? hilarious

JuiceBox52

julifhy said:
What did he say? Lol
Talking about quarantine and his kids and stuff

Do you tend to text lol, haha, or put laughing emojis? All of the above

Do you text wbu or wby? Neither

Is your phone on light or dark mode? (Mine is always on dark :cool dark

julifhy

One more question:
How do you lure in a bunny???
I’ve already put strawberries, bananas, and carrots. I’m getting impatient
(In case anyone didn’t see my other posts, there’s a domestic bunny in our backyard and I’m trying to catch it lol)

JuiceBox52

julifhy said:
One more question:
How do you lure in a bunny???
I’ve already put strawberries, bananas, and carrots. I’m getting impatient
(In case anyone didn’t see my other posts, there’s a domestic bunny in our backyard and I’m trying to catch it lol)
Try cheese. Mine liked it.

Is there a way you could some how enclose the yard with it in it, and then slowly shrink the area so its easier to catch? (Did that make sense?)

julifhy

JuiceBox52 said:
Try cheese. Mine liked it.

Is there a way you could some how enclose the yard with it in it, and then slowly shrink the area so its easier to catch? (Did that make sense?)
I had no idea bunnies could eat cheese too lol and yeah it made sense! Unfortunately I can’t. Our fence sucks. There a lot of places it can escape. Unless I know for sure that the bunny is under our shed I don’t think I’ll be able to enclose it in our yard. I’m going to wake up early tomorrow to try to catch it. I’ve set up a “trap” lol. The only problem is that it takes A LOT of patienceead:

JuiceBox52

julifhy said:
I had no idea bunnies could eat cheese too lol and yeah it made sense! Unfortunately I can’t. Our fence sucks. There a lot of places it can escape. Unless I know for sure that the bunny is under our shed I don’t think I’ll be able to enclose it in our yard. I’m going to wake up early tomorrow to try to catch it. I’ve set up a “trap” lol. The only problem is that it takes A LOT of patienceead:
It does! Maybe go to a farm store and get a wildlife trap?

julifhy

JuiceBox52 said:
It does! Maybe go to a farm store and get a wildlife trap?
It turned out to be a wild rabbit. Here he is though :

He didn’t take the bait, but a bird did lol. We’re still trying to figure out if it’s the only rabbit. My mom says the one she saw yesterday was a lot smaller and had more white around its eyes

JuiceBox52

julifhy said:
It turned out to be a wild rabbit. Here he is though :

He didn’t take the bait, but a bird did lol. We’re still trying to figure out if it’s the only rabbit. My mom says the one she saw yesterday was a lot smaller and had more white around its eyes
Hes a cutie

julifhy

JuiceBox52 said:
Hes a cutie
He really is
I don’t know if he’s a girl or a boy though. I don’t think there’s anyway I can tell either. My mom wants to name him Toby, so I guess we’ll say it’s a boy lol.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom