Random Questions - Page 2

flyinGourami

Kay... Random fish related question!

Has anyone ever had corys eat from the surface? My bronze corydoras suddenly started 2 days ago, just this morning I mushed some pellets and stuck it to a chopstick, and they ate at the surface! Like what? I thought these guys were strictly bottom feeders I wonder what the neons were thinking hilarious

NBettas83

Idk, never owned Corys. Lol you have pulled this thread from the grave!

erinw347

flyinGourami said:
Kay... Random fish related question!

Has anyone ever had corys eat from the surface? My bronze corydoras suddenly started 2 days ago, just this morning I mushed some pellets and stuck it to a chopstick, and they ate at the surface! Like what? I thought these guys were strictly bottom feeders I wonder what the neons were thinking hilarious
I’ve never seen mine do that, that’s weird.

Here’s a random question.

How long does it take to get a reply back after you submit a job application? It’s been two days and I know I need to be patient but ahhhhh

NBettas83

erinw347 said:
How long does it take to get a reply back after you submit a job application? It’s been two days and I know I need to be patient but ahhhhh
You're getting a job? That's cool! I plan to try to get a job next summer. But the only problem is that all the jobs available at that age seem like trash. You can be a golf caddy or work at a fast food chain. Too bad the fish store won't except people that young.

flyinGourami

erinw347 said:
I’ve never seen mine do that, that’s weird.

Here’s a random question.

Yeah, at least they're getting their food before the others steal it lol.

Hmmm.... I don't know. Never applied for a job before, maybe they just forgot? Good luck, I'm sure you'll get it!

Edit: NBettas83 , wait what you can't work at a fish store when your 14??? My plans are ruined .

erinw347

NBettas83 said:
You're getting a job? That's cool! I plan to try to get a job next summer. But the only problem is that all the jobs available at that age seem like trash. You can be a golf caddy or work at a fast food chain. Too bad the fish store won't except people that young.
Thanks! I actually got a chance to apply at my LFS, even at 14, because they’re family owned and can make their own rules. I really do feel very lucky to get the opportunity... I’ve just never been good at waiting for things like this!
flyinGourami said:
Hmmm.... I don't know. Never applied for a job before, maybe they just forgot? Good luck, I'm sure you'll get it!
Thank you! They probably just haven’t checked their email yet.

JettsPapa

erinw347 said:
Thanks! I actually got a chance to apply at my LFS, even at 14, because they’re family owned and can make their own rules. I really do feel very lucky to get the opportunity... I’ve just never been good at waiting for things like this!
I believe employment regulations vary from state to state, so that might not be the case. In my state you need to be 16 for many jobs, and 18 for some.

erinw347

JettsPapa said:
I believe employment regulations vary from state to state, so that might not be the case. In my state you need to be 16 for many jobs, and 18 for some.
That’s true, but what I meant was they’re not a big company with set in stone rules for being hired. We actually asked them if they have an age limit and they do not. Where I live you can legally get hired at 14 for some jobs, but companies like petsmart have an age limit at 18.

NBettas83

My LFS usually hires at 16 or 18 I think. But idk if they make exceptions. I'm counting on it lol.
flyinGourami said:
Yeah, at least they're getting their food before the others steal it lol.

Edit: NBettas83 , wait what you can't work at a fish store when your 14??? My plans are ruined .
Well, different LFSs have different rules.
erinw347 said:
That's awesome!

kanzekatores

I haven't looked at this thread for a long time, but am happy to see it still running with random questions and conversation
My eyes are blue and I wanted to say I hate Cheetos and anyone who likes them is insane lol (theyre not even chips)

erinw347

kanzekatores said:
I haven't looked at this thread for a long time, but am happy to see it still running with random questions and conversation
My eyes are blue and I wanted to say I hate Cheetos and anyone who likes them is insane lol (theyre not even chips)
Guess I’m crazy then heh....

flyinGourami

Wait wait a moment... NO CHEETOS??? Wow don't go to my school... You'll get attacked by a mob of afternoon vending machine children..

julifhy

I'm new to this thread so I'll start off and answer the very first questions lol
flyinGourami said:
Here are some random questions, not sure if anyone will reply so I'm gonna answer my own questions lol.

1. Milk or cereal first? (milk, I guess I like being "weird")
2. What is something you don't think you'll ever do as a fishkeeper? (collect my goldfish's fallen teeth)
3. Not to be creepy or anything, but what is your hair color? ("black" aka very very dark brown, its a bit bleached at the tips since I never wore swim caps)
4. Do you like egg yolk or egg whites better? (idk, both are the same okay. If its a boiled egg I like the egg white better and if its a drippy yolk then yeah the yolk)
5. Do you like red or blue? (BLUE)
6. When people jumpscare you, how do you react? (I usually turn around and stare at them or laugh my head off, very VERY rarely will I get scared)
7. Why are strawberries better than bananas? Why are bananas better than strawberries? (strawberries are better)
8. Should I attempt to make caramel for the 4th time? (only if I want to get yelled at and have another disaster)
1. Both? It depends on my mood lol
2. Keep a betta in a jar?? That's the only thing I could think of.
3. Strawberry blonde
4. I agree with your answer lol
5. Purple
6. I would hit them
7. I think strawberries just have more flavor
8. Yes, you should. Practice makes perfect lol. I've also made caramel walnuts before for walnut shrimp (and they were so good )

kanzekatores said:
My eyes are also blue and I wanted to say I love Hot Cheetos and anyone who doesn't like them is insane
I agree with you on regular Cheetos though (they're too plain tbh), but Hot Cheetos are literally one of my favorite foods (snacks?)

The questions that I have are...
---Do you like pineapple on pizza?? Why or why not??
-I do and I'm trying to get to the bottom of why people don't lol
(Also if you don't like it, don't say it's because fruit doesn't belong on pizza because tomatoes are botanically classified as a fruit :cool (I think)
---Is your hair straight, wavy, curly, coily, or kinky?
-I have wavy hair with literally 3 curls (I don't know how that works)
---Do you like doing face masks?
-I do
---What are your other hobbies besides fish keeping?
-I think mine are plants, photography, cooking (and eating lol), traveling, skin care, and makeup

Is this how this thread is supposed to go? I only read the first post and the resent replies lol.

AquaCaitlin

julifhy said:
I'm new to this thread so I'll start off and answer the very first questions lol

3. Strawberry blonde
5. Purple
6. I would hit them
8. Yes, you should. Practice makes perfect lol. I've also made caramel walnuts before for walnut shrimp (and they were so good )

My eyes are also blue and I wanted to say I love Hot Cheetos and anyone who doesn't like them is insane
I agree with you on regular Cheetos though (they're too plain tbh), but Hot Cheetos are literally one of my favorite foods (snacks?)

(Also if you don't like it, don't say it's because fruit doesn't belong on pizza because tomatoes are botanically classified as a fruit :cool (I think)
-I do
-I think mine are plants, photography, cooking (and eating lol), traveling, skin care, and makeup

Is this how this thread is supposed to go? I only read the first post and the resent replies lol.
1. I can’t stand pineapple on pizza. Partly because I’m allergic to pineapple, and partly because I just don’t like how it tastes or the texture.
2. My hair varies from day to day. Sometimes it won’t curl, even if I use a curling iron, other times it’s naturally wavy, and some days half of it is curly, and half is straight.
3. I really like the clay ones, they’re relaxing. 4. I usually find a new hobby every few months, than bore of it and move on. Fishkeeping is the only constant hobby, but some of my past hobbies have been:
- calligraphy
- weightlifting (had to stop because of an injury, will probably start again next year)
- art, although I still dabble in it occasionally.
- photography
- sewing
- crocheting
- cooking

erinw347

julifhy said:

3. Strawberry blonde
5. Purple
6. I would hit them

-I do

1. I do. I just think cooked pineapple tastes good.
  2. Very curly
  3. I suppose. I’ve only done a couple
  4. Plants, baking, animals in general, guitar, art, crafts

flyinGourami

This thread is super random. I just made it because I was bored I guess Oops now I realize its kind of like "random interview"
julifhy said:

3. Strawberry blonde
5. Purple
6. I would hit them

-I do

No. Well kind of. Pineapple on pizza is okay, I tolerate it but I don't really liek it just because the pizza "flavors" I like don't have pineapple in them.
Can I say messy?
No. No peel offs and rinsing it off is a pain mostly because of wet elbows.
I liek art, sports(sometimes.... Okay most of the time no lol), skiing, horseback riding, like swimming baking, and randomly experimenting with things. That I probably shouldn't be experimenting with hilarious.

julifhy

AquaCaitlin said:
4. I usually find a new hobby every few months, than bore of it and move on. Fishkeeping is the only constant hobby, but some of my past hobbies have been:
- calligraphy
- weightlifting (had to stop because of an injury, will probably start again next year)
- art, although I still dabble in it occasionally.
- photography
- sewing
- crocheting
- cooking
I forgot some people just don’t like pineapples or they’re allergic lol. I guess now I know why some people don’t like pineapple on pizza.
I seem to have new hobbies really often too. Like every week . The ones I mentioned are are the ones I continuously have. This week I’m into bathroom redecorating and I spent 4 hours trying to decide on what color and shape of a shower drain hair stopper I should get ... I still haven’t decided lol.

flyinGourami said:
This thread is super random. I just made it because I was bored I guess Oops now I realize its kind of like "random interview"

No. Well kind of. Pineapple on pizza is okay, I tolerate it but I don't really liek it just because the pizza "flavors" I like don't have pineapple in them.
Can I say messy?
No. No peel offs and rinsing it off is a pain mostly because of wet elbows.
I liek art, sports(sometimes.... Okay most of the time no lol), skiing, horseback riding, like swimming baking, and randomly experimenting with things. That I probably shouldn't be experimenting with hilarious.
I guess it is sort of a random interview, but anyone can answer to it. What do you experiment with lol?

flyinGourami

julifhy said:
I forgot some people just don’t like pineapples or they’re allergic lol. I guess now I know why some people don’t like pineapple on pizza.
I seem to have new hobbies really often too. Like every week . The ones I mentioned are are the ones I continuously have. This week I’m into bathroom redecorating and I spent 4 hours trying to decide on what color and shape of a shower drain hair stopper I should get ... I still haven’t decided lol.

I guess it is sort of a random interview, but anyone can answer to it. What do you experiment with lol?
Shampoo, tried a mini aquascape unsuitable for fish with dollar tree sand, leaves, rocks and a pom pom(aka fake moss ball, don't ask lol) in a jar, what happens if I try feeding the fish with my hand, was this egg POSSIBLY fertile... Is salami and coconut rolls together good? What about jello and hot cheetos? Oh yeah and don't forget yoghurt and chips.

This is random, but I honestly want my fish to accidentally breed. So maybe I'll try my luck with platys, hopefully they'll be better than the guppies... And I believe my water is suited for them so yaya. Starting off with getting more corys though, MAYBE just maybe they'll breed? If I even get different genders of course.

julifhy

flyinGourami said:
Shampoo, tried a mini aquascape unsuitable for fish with dollar tree sand, leaves, rocks and a pom pom(aka fake moss ball, don't ask lol) in a jar, what happens if I try feeding the fish with my hand, was this egg POSSIBLY fertile... Is salami and coconut rolls together good? What about jello and hot cheetos? Oh yeah and don't forget yoghurt and chips.

This is random, but I honestly want my fish to accidentally breed. So maybe I'll try my luck with platys, hopefully they'll be better than the guppies... And I believe my water is suited for them so yaya. Starting off with getting more corys though, MAYBE just maybe they'll breed? If I even get different genders of course.
Weird food combos are great though lol. My favorite is pretty basic, french fries and a milkshake. One I've never saw anyone try besides me is a "hotpocket sandwhich". You get a hotpocket and put avocado on top. It's honestly really good and it somehow makes the hotpocket taste healthier lol.
I also hope you have luck with your fish accidentally breeding! hilarious

erinw347

julifhy said:
Weird food combos are great though lol. My favorite is pretty basic, french fries and a milkshake. One I've never saw anyone try besides me is a "hotpocket sandwhich". You get a hotpocket and put avocado on top. It's honestly really good and it somehow makes the hotpocket taste healthier lol.
I also you have luck with your fish accidentally breeding! hilarious
I’m allergic to avocado so that wouldn’t be fun for me

kanzekatores

julifhy said:
-I do

I've only tried pineapple on pizza like once. It was okay. I'm more of a simpleton though.
My hair is wavy.
I've only tried a face mask a few times and didn't really like it.
My other hobbies are cooking & baking, playing sports (soccer and volleyball), writing, playing the piano, drawing (trying to ), and traveling.

kanzekatores

julifhy said:
Cheetos, Hot Cheetos, what's the difference? You'll notice that they both have the word "Cheetos" in them. Bleh. It's like they're cheating out of being chips. Cheetos. Cheeting.
Yes it took me a long time to come up with that

erinw347

A couple questions
1. Do you wear glasses or contacts? (I wear glasses)
2. How many cars do you own? (I own 6.... it’s a long story)
3. Is your house mostly carpet, hardwood, or tile? (Probably mostly hardwood, there’s a lot of carpet too though)
4. Xbox or Playstation? (Xbox)

julifhy

erinw347 said:
A couple questions
3. Is your house mostly carpet, hardwood, or tile? (Probably mostly hardwood, there’s a lot of carpet too though)
1. I don’t
2. None yet lol. My dream car is a alfa romeo giulia though.
3. Hardwood everywhere expected kitchen and bathrooms which have tiles and bedrooms which have carpets.
4. Idk
How did you get 6 cars? hilarious

Pebbles730

flyinGourami said:
Here are some random questions, not sure if anyone will reply so I'm gonna answer my own questions lol.

1. Milk or cereal first? (milk, I guess I like being "weird")
2. What is something you don't think you'll ever do as a fishkeeper? (collect my goldfish's fallen teeth)
3. Not to be creepy or anything, but what is your hair color? ("black" aka very very dark brown, its a bit bleached at the tips since I never wore swim caps)
4. Do you like egg yolk or egg whites better? (idk, both are the same okay. If its a boiled egg I like the egg white better and if its a drippy yolk then yeah the yolk)
5. Do you like red or blue? (BLUE)
6. When people jumpscare you, how do you react? (I usually turn around and stare at them or laugh my head off, very VERY rarely will I get scared)
7. Why are strawberries better than bananas? Why are bananas better than strawberries? (strawberries are better)
8. Should I attempt to make caramel for the 4th time? (only if I want to get yelled at and have another disaster)

1. Ceral
2. Collect the skin from shrimp
3. Dark brown
4. Egg yoke
5. Blue
6. I get scared mostly
7. Strawberry
8.YES!!

BlackMolly99

I don't wear glasses or contacts.
I'm not 16 so I would prefer a horse to a car
Almost all tile/hardwood.
We don't have Xbox or Playstation.

I love pineapple on pizza! I guess just because it's an unusual taste.
My hair is straight, but when it gets really humid small strands will curl
I've never worn a face mask.
Lots: guitar, horse back riding, growing veggies, swimming ( when I can!), drawing, crocheting, running, ( this year all the road races are closed, so I've lost my motivation)

flyinGourami

erinw347 said:
A couple questions
Neither.
I have a mini toy barbie car lol. Uh yeah I don't think that counts, my legs can't even fit anymore.
Hmm... Upstairs= mostly carpet. Downstairs= 95% wood floors.
Again, neither. I don't have an explanation because I'm just gonna embarrass myself haha.

Question: Have you ever touched a refrigerator tree? I touched one the other day when we went hiking.

erinw347

julifhy said:
1. I don’t
2. None yet lol. My dream car is a alfa romeo giulia though.
3. Hardwood everywhere expected kitchen and bathrooms which have tiles and bedrooms which have carpets.
4. Idk
How did you get 6 cars? hilarious
Not MY cars but...
1. My moms care
2. My stepdads car
3. My sisters old car
4. My sisters new car
5. My brothers car
6. The family minivan

flyinGourami said:
Neither.
I have a mini toy barbie car lol. Uh yeah I don't think that counts, my legs can't even fit anymore.
Hmm... Upstairs= mostly carpet. Downstairs= 95% wood floors.
Again, neither. I don't have an explanation because I'm just gonna embarrass myself haha.

Question: Have you ever touched a refrigerator tree? I touched one the other day when we went hiking.
What is a refrigerator tree??

julifhy

erinw347 said:
What is a refrigerator tree??
It's an reddish orange tree lol. It's pretty cool. It also has small red fruit, but I don't think they're edible lol.
And to answer flyinGourami's question, yes I'm pretty sure I touched one before.

kanzekatores

erinw347 said:
A couple questions
I'm supposed to wear glasses. But I don't have terrible vision except in my right eye, so I can get by when I forget them lol
One, a minivan
Mostly Hardwood flooring
I don't really have a preference. We just have a wii U lol

I just realized you probably meant a protection facemask for Covid not one of those facemasks for smooth skin that make your face smell good. I don't like either to be clear. But I have to wear a protection facemask out in public.

julifhy

kanzekatores said:
I just realized you probably meant a protection facemask for Covid not one of those facemasks for smooth skin that make your face smell good. I don't like either to be clear. But I have to wear a protection facemask out in public.
No, I meant the "it makes your skin nice" type of face mask hilarious
I was thinking of doing one while typing the questions, so I decided to ask if anyone here likes them lol

erinw347

kanzekatores said:
julifhy said:
No, I meant the "it makes your skin nice" type of face mask hilarious
I was thinking of doing one while typing the questions, so I decided to ask if anyone here likes them lol
Hehe! I totally blanked on covid face masks.

flyinGourami

Aquarium related question. Sorry I don't wanna make a whole new thread but... SHould I get driftwood and carib sea sand? I want to decorate my tank but dunno if it's worth the money. Spider(ish) wood or cholla wood?

Also, pancakes or waffles? WAFFLES>

jkkgron2

flyinGourami said:
Aquarium related question. Sorry I don't wanna make a whole new thread but... SHould I get driftwood and carib sea sand? I want to decorate my tank but dunno if it's worth the money. Spider(ish) wood or cholla wood?
Not sure about the sand but spider wood is awesome! I have some in my 10g and it looks amaaaazing .
If you’re looking for a good place to buy I would recommend petworldlawrence.com

julifhy

I'm also not sure about the sand, but both driftwoods are great! It really depends on the look you're trying to get. I personally have cholla wood in my tank.
And definitely waffles.

kanzekatores

flyinGourami said:
Yeah, go for it! My tank didn't do so well with the caribsea gravel and it was really coarse, but I've never tried the sand. I'd do the spiderwood also.
flyinGourami said:
Also, pancakes or waffles? WAFFLES>
julifhy said:
And definitely waffles.
Why? WHY? Pancakes!!

julifhy

kanzekatores said:
Why? WHY? Pancakes!!
Idk lol. IMO pancakes had a weird taste. I'll eat them, but their not my favorite hilarious

I have more questions lol:
Maple syrup or honey?
-I think I personally like honey more lol.
Raspberries or blueberries?
-Blueberries!
Crepes or French toast?
-I like both , but if I had to choose, probably French toast.

flyinGourami

julifhy said:
Idk lol. IMO pancakes had a weird taste. I'll eat them, but their not my favorite hilarious

Maple syrup or honey?
-Blueberries!
Crepes or French toast?
Syrup. Syrup syrup syrup.
RAZBERRIES>
Uh... Probably crepes? Nah, I like both

Do you guys prefer silver or rosegold? Fishlore dark or light(very important question)?

julifhy

kanzekatores said:
Why? WHY? Pancakes!!
It looks like we have very different taste hilarious

flyinGourami said:
Do you guys prefer silver or rosegold? Fishlore dark or light(very important question)?
I would say silver probably. It goes with more things unless rose gold matches more lol. It might just be me, but I need EVERYTHING to match. Even what I’m wearing to the tiniest detail lol.
And obviously fishlore dark lol. Everything on my phone is dark except my wallpaper.

Also did anyone here ever watch Sagwa The Chinese Siamese Cat. I swear for the longest time I thought I imagined the whole thing lol.
Another thing, I mentioned this in another thread, but do you remember the little girl from Nemo (Darla) with bangs or without bangs? I always thought that she had bangs, but apparently she doesn’t?? Maybe it’s the Mandela effect lol.

erinw347

flyinGourami said:
Syrup. Syrup syrup syrup.
RAZBERRIES>
Uh... Probably crepes? Nah, I like both

Depends on what you’re talking about. As a color alone, I like rose gold, but as jewelry I prefer silver.

And honestly, fishlore light. I know I’m weird

flyinGourami

erinw347 said:
Depends on what you’re talking about. As a color alone, I like rose gold, but as jewelry I prefer silver.
I agree
And honestly, fishlore light. I know I’m weird
Whaaa! Fishlore dark for me, can never go back to light lol.

erinw347

I don’t know, I just don’t really like it.

Question:
Is water wet?

flyinGourami

If you are looking at the definition of wet, no, I would not say water is wet.

kanzekatores

julifhy said:
Maple syrup or honey?
-Blueberries!
Crepes or French toast?
flyinGourami said:
julifhy said:
do you remember the little girl from Nemo (Darla) with bangs or without bangs? I always thought that she had bangs, but apparently she doesn’t?? Maybe it’s the Mandela effect lol.
erinw347 said:
Is water wet?
Maple syrup, raspberries, I don't have either that often but probably crepes, silver, FISHLORE DARK!! , I didn't remember Darla with bangs lol, and water isn't wet.

flyinGourami

kanzekatores said:
Maple syrup, raspberries, I don't have either that often but probably crepes, silver, FISHLORE DARK!! , I didn't remember Darla with bangs lol, and water isn't wet.
That is one of the shortest yet most clear answers I have ever read lol.

NBettas83

FISHLORE DARK *insert chanting*

Does anyone know the ingredients in API Aquarium Salt? If it is plain sea salt, can it be used as a non-iodized salt in dips for plants? And couldn't it be used in anything sea salt is used for? Like cooking?

kanzekatores

I don't know but I am seriously confused about a few questions:
What happens if you get a papercut on a get well card?
Why do we drive in the parkway and park in the driveway?
Why isn't the caps lock capitalized?
Why does round pizza come in a square box?
Why are they called "apart"ments if they're together?
Why is it called a building if it's built?
At a movie theatre which arm rest is yours?
How come you never see a billboard being put up on the highway?
What shape is the sky?
Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
Can you cry underwater?
And, if an ambulance is rushing to save someone, and then runs over someone, does it stop to help or go to the original destination?

flyinGourami

NBettas83 said:
FISHLORE DARK *insert chanting*

Does anyone know the ingredients in API Aquarium Salt? If it is plain sea salt, can it be used as a non-iodized salt in dips for plants? And couldn't it be used in anything sea salt is used for? Like cooking?
Sorry, I don't know the answer.
kanzekatores said:
I don't know but I am seriously confused about a few questions:
What happens if you get a papercut on a get well card?
Why do we drive in the parkway and park in the driveway?
Why isn't the caps lock capitalized?
Why does round pizza come in a square box?
Why are they called "apart"ments if they're together?
Why is it called a building if it's built?
At a movie theatre which arm rest is yours?
How come you never see a billboard being put up on the highway?
What shape is the sky?
Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
Can you cry underwater?
And, if an ambulance is rushing to save someone, and then runs over someone, does it stop to help or go to the original destination?
You got cut by a card.
Oh its called a parkway?
Because you can read it either way, which is the purpose of the letters. Okay idk lol.
Hmmm... I would say because its easier to make but I have no clue what the actual answer is.
Well, each house is separate.
Painting, etching, drawing, carving... You don't hear anyone say oh I made a carve today. Okay sorry I can't give you a why answer.
I don't know. I just always use whichever one I like hilarious
I sphere. Ish.
Not sure if I read your question correctly but my freezer has a light. However I am guessing one factor is that people do not open their freezers as much to look inside.
I don't see why you can't. I bet ariel has cried a thousand times or something. It would be uncomfortable though.
???

flyinGourami

OMG OMG I JUST WOKE UP TO SEE MY OTOCINCLUS SUCKING ON THE CUCUMBER!!!! YAAAAY!

julifhy

Since this is a random question thread,
What color water bottle should I get? I’ve always had blue or green ones, so I was thinking pink, purple, or orange maybe.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom