Random Little Stocking Idea For 29g

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by tetratetris, Apr 23, 2018.

1. tetratetrisValued MemberMember

Hello all!

Here is my stocking list and idea for a likely future 29g tank. Feel free to give feed back on what you guys think! Thanks in advance for any help!

(Disclaimer) (I know it's overstocked this is sorta the rough draft but still general idea)

(AqAdvisor)

Tank (LxDxH): 32 x 12 x 18 inch (29.9gUS)
    Filters: Aquaclear 70

15x Neon Tetra
    10x Black Neon Tetra
    10x Black Skirt Tetra
    3x Sunburst Wag Platy
    8x Neitrite Snail (Still can nail the spelling)

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 119%.
    Recommended water change schedule: 37% per week.
    Your aquarium stocking level is 115%.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  2. Abby565Valued MemberMember

Here is a tip, don't use Aqadvisor. I think the tank would be nicer with a centerpiece fish instead of so many big schools. Also, I wouldn't get so many snails, a few will work fine and too many will starve. How about something like this?

2x Bolivian Ram
    3x Male Platy(so they don't breed and overstock your tank)
    10x Neon Tetra
    6x Black Skirt Tetra
    2-4x Nerite Snail

3. tetratetrisValued MemberMember

Good tip on the snails! :)

I'm really looking for simple fish that I could find in a petco (were I buy, the guys there are awesome and ethical) I had been thinking of a centerpiece but it turned south and i've always loved schooling fish and wanted a big group of 'em. I had looked into a dwarf gourami. Wouldn't 3 males be violent? Here is two ideas:

7-10x Black Neons (Maybe)
    3x Male Platy/Platy
    15x Neon Tetra
    7x Black Skirt Tetra
    3x Nerite Snail

And/or that same setup with a Dwarf Gourami

Anyways gtg right now, i'll check back soon.

Thanks! :)

4. aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

What I would suggest is having a single school of ine species of tetra - like 20 - and then having a small shoal of cories or kuhlies to fill out the bottom. Then add your platies (3x) and you could easily fit in a DG to round it off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice