Question Random Discussion...

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Not sure how to do that. :(
If you use your apps browser you may be able to find dark mode in settings, or you may be able to Google how to get it on whichever type of phone you have. For me I just have to do this:
20190921_230004.jpg
20190921_230113.png

LynnwoodFishDad

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Another fish died...
One of my first fish, one of the female mollies.
Again I was not even home and I have no clue why it died... I am not sure what I am doing wrong I keep up with water-changes and all of that.
It happens. I came home last night from a business trip to find an ich outbreak in my 36-gallon and 5 dead fish in my daughter’s 23! Ugh...

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It happens. I came home last night from a business trip to find an ich outbreak in my 36-gallon and 5 dead fish in my daughter’s 23! Ugh...
Owch! I swear all of the deaths in my tank are random and I took a look at the molly when it died but no sign of disease. Also, Corydoras of mine that died was probably pretty old, the picture of it is somewhere in this thread but it will take some digging. On next Sunday I will have to pick up another molly (Or 2) and a few Corydoras because I have an M / F pair in my tank right now and you know how bad that is. Of course, I have another Cross - Country meet :))) on Saturday but I will have to keep this update, also what is weird is that my mollies are small compared to the fish stores mollies.

LynnwoodFishDad

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Owch! I swear all of the deaths in my tank are random and I took a look at the molly when it died but no sign of disease. Also, Corydoras of mine that died was probably pretty old, the picture of it is somewhere in this thread but it will take some digging. On next Sunday I will have to pick up another molly (Or 2) and a few Corydoras because I have an M / F pair in my tank right now and you know how bad that is. Of course, I have another Cross - Country meet :))) on Saturday but I will have to keep this update, also what is weird is that my mollies are small compared to the fish stores mollies.
First, good luck at your meet! Second, I think that many of the fish deaths we see are just bad stock. I told my daughter to expect to lose half her fish in the first 6-months. I thought it would be under 3 honestly but not so much. The 10 her blue paradise fish killed don’t really count. LOL

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
First, good luck at your meet! Second, I think that many of the fish deaths we see are just bad stock. I told my daughter to expect to lose half her fish in the first 6-months. I thought it would be under 3 honestly but not so much. The 10 her blue paradise fish killed don’t really count. LOL
Thanks! We ended up coming 3rd out of 18th in yesterdays meet.
Also, I had that molly since May 30th and it just died out of nowhere.
Here is the Corydoras that died on July 12th not sure why it died but it was huge! I was still dealing with sandstorms and algae on the tank but ever since the twig catfish no more algae and sponge filter got rid of sandstorms.
upload_2019-7-12_12-11-28-jpeg.jpg

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Owch! I swear all of the deaths in my tank are random
That's pretty much how it goes in my tank. I've very rarely lost them but when they do its out of the blue. The only death I've had that had a very clear reason (other than my bettas) was my female pearl who died recently. Pearl gourami IME are not as peaceful as I've always been told. My male is one bad boy! Maybe I just have bad luck with iundividuals.

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
That's pretty much how it goes in my tank. I've very rarely lost them but when they do its out of the blue. The only death I've had that had a very clear reason (other than my bettas) was my female pearl who died recently. Pearl gourami IME are not as peaceful as I've always been told. My male is one bad boy!
Yeah, now that I've got an established tank, I typically lose a fish every few weeks or so to no particular known reason.

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yeah, now that I've got an established tank, I typically lose a fish every few weeks or so to no particular known reason.
Its quite annoying when a seemingly perfectly healthy fish suddenly dies. At least if it had an obvious illness I'd know what steps I have to take to correct it.

For me this happened to my guppies more than any other fish. My guppies from over a year ago had no problems other than breeding too much. My guppies from a few months ago started vanishing over a few weeks. No bodies, nothing that could have eaten them whole (my banjo wasn't there at the time). Only two left out of 6/7, and they aren't even those that looked healthiest. So I think now I'm done with guppies and male Betta splendens, as much as I love the latter. I'd love wild bettas though.

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Its quite annoying when a seemingly perfectly healthy fish suddenly dies. At least if it had an obvious illness I'd know what steps I have to take to correct it.

For me this happened to my guppies more than any other fish. My guppies from over a year ago had no problems other than breeding too much. My guppies from a few months ago started vanishing over a few weeks. No bodies, nothing that could have eaten them whole (my banjo wasn't there at the time). Only two left out of 6/7, and they aren't even those that looked healthiest. So I think now I'm done with guppies and male Betta splendens, as much as I love the latter. I'd love wild bettas though.
Yeah, I've had oddly good luck with my male Betta healthwise, which I was honestly pretty surprised by.

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yeah, I've had oddly good luck with my male Betta healthwise, which I was honestly pretty surprised by.
They can be quite healthy depending on where you get it / the individual. My males have been very hardy, but they've always had problems. I'd love a male like yours!

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They can be quite healthy depending on where you get it / the individual. My males have been very hardy, but they've always had problems. I'd love a male like yours!
Yeah, he's a real beauty with a lot of personality too. I think I got really lucky when I picked him out.

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Guys...... I've just spent the last 10 mins looking for my phone. I looked everywhere. Hope was fading, but there was still under my bed. I turned on my flashlight and looked under. Not there. I texted my friend to see if I left it in his car. I didn't. I messaged my brother to see if he'd seen it anywhere. He hadn't. It was at this point that I realized it had been in my hand. I had used my phones flashlight to search for my phone. I had texted on my phone to see if anyone knew where my phone was. I'm an idiot! No idea what was going on in my head, I'm not usually like that at all.

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Guys...... I've just spent the last 10 mins looking for my phone. I looked everywhere. Hope was fading, but there was still under my bed. I turned on my flashlight and looked under. Not there. I texted my friend to see if I left it in his car. I didn't. I messaged my brother to see if he'd seen it anywhere. He hadn't. It was at this point that I realized it had been in my hand. I had used my phones flashlight to search for my phone. I had texted on my phone to see if anyone knew where my phone was. I'm an idiot! No idea what was going on in my head, I'm not usually like that at all.
But is it really your phone? :eek:

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I wasn't sure whether to laugh or hang my head in shame reading this, because I've done the same thing before.

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well. It seems that biology grade is slightly increasing! Originally got an 85 and now I got a 92! It seems that the exam help boost it. ;)

On a side note, my English teacher is now killing me! :banghead:

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well. It seems that biology grade is slightly increasing! Originally got an 85 and now I got a 92! It seems that the exam help boost it. ;)

On a side note, my English teacher is now killing me! :banghead:
Well, congrats on the grade improvement, and sorry about the English trouble. What in particular is the English teacher doing this time?

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, congrats on the grade improvement, and sorry about the English trouble. What in particular is the English teacher doing this time?
Assigned a time writing homework that is, of course, due the very next day. I'm seriously going to take my time lol.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom