Random Discussion: The Trilogy [Elections are up] - Page 56

ELECTION TIME- NEW OP (CANNOT CHANGE VOTE ONCE PLACED)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jerome O'Neil

This thread is much more interesting if you read it backwards.

Just sayin'

AcornTheBetta

Jerome O'Neil said:
This thread is much more interesting if you read it backwards.

Just sayin'
Now that is some quality info! I think Jerome O'Neil should be next op

Jerome O'Neil

FishGuy4563 said:
Now that is some quality info! I think Jerome O'Neil should be next op
I'm only about halfway to the beginning, so I have no idea what that means.

I'm in, whatever it is.

AcornTheBetta

Jerome O'Neil said:
I'm only about halfway to the beginning, so I have no idea what that means.

I'm in, whatever it is.
Ok. Do u have any more info I will need to know for ur campaign? Rn it's Jerome O'Neil: Read things backwards. LOL

Jermone O'Neil: Make America backwards again

Jerome O'Neil

FishGuy4563 said:
Ok. Do u have any more info I will need to know for ur campaign? Rn it's Jerome O'Neil: Read things backwards. LOL
Uhhh... I was once found to be bare nakkid on the aft end of an aircraft carrier in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

Does that help?

AcornTheBetta

Umm not rly. I don't think thats a good selling point. R u ex-military?

Jerome O'Neil

Six years on active duty, and a couple more on active reserve.

NAVY! (Never Again Volunteer Yourself)

AcornTheBetta

LOL ex-navy is a selling point. Jerome O'Neil: N.A.V.Y. (Never Again Volunteer Yourself)

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

Thanks for your service!!! You get my vote.

AcornTheBetta

Yes. Sorry I was rude! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! We appreciate you so much!

AcornTheBetta

New Title Idea: Random Discussion: Thank you healthcare heros

goldface

And I thought the new Star Wars trilogy was bad.

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

FinalFins said:
fishlore is a cult....
Cult defined:

A cult is a religion taken from orthodox faith and changed around/ A cult can also be a religious group whose teachings are very odd.

BTW, I did not read a dictionary for that.

RikkiTikkii

Canacullus said:
Cult defined:

A cult is a religion taken from orthodox faith and changed around/ A cult can also be a religious group whose teachings are very odd.

Sounds about right

all hail fishlore

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

Is Canaculus plural Canaculi???

Jerome O'Neil

I was out before many of you were born.

What do I win?

jinjerJOSH22

Just read an old thread that has tickled me
I was looking through the Kissing Gourami section and there's a thread entitled "Platy kissing Gourami". I love that this person saw a section of the forum labelled "Kissing Gourami" and assumed it was somewhere to post about other fish "Kissing" Gourami this has made my morning

RikkiTikkii

jinjerJOSH22 said:
Just read an old thread that has tickled me
I was looking through the Kissing Gourami section and there's a thread entitled "Platy kissing Gourami". I love that this person saw a section of the forum labelled "Kissing Gourami" and assumed it was somewhere to post about other fish "Kissing" Gourami this has made my morning
Gouramis :’)

MacZ

Canacullus said:
Cult defined:

It refers also to parts of non/pre-christian religions, like in roman, greek, persian or celtic religions and is also still used in hinduism. It is used because often times not all Gods in a pantheon have the same relevance to everybody, as there is no canon and no central institution. So there are for example the The Cult of Iuppiter, the Cult of Dionysos, the Cult of Teutates and so on. Only the romans ever got close to a centralized cult for their Emperor (and that's where the catholic church got their centralization from). "Cultus" in latin means as much as "way of life" or "reverence" or "labor".
There is also the term of mystery cults, which were cults that were not public, which was seen as unusual and often as dangerous by the Romans. Christianity has taken over that stance when it became mainstream in the late Roman Empire itself, though technically it started out as a cult itself. Technically any believe system can be called a cult.

If you talk about cult in a modern sense the most prevalent definition is either descriptive "believe system based on a charismatic figure" or as a demeaning term for a "believe system that is not mainstream". This has to do with the derivation from mystery cult as explained above.

I studied stuff like this for years.

FinalFins

Canacullus said:
Cult defined:

Fishlore-

Religous Group whos teachings are odd, to non hobbyists

Frisbee

Hey NevermindIgnoreMe When you rated my music post “creative”, that was exactly my 2000th reaction score. You just gave me a trophy!

Now I feel sad that I only have 2,000, it seems like such a small amount once you get there.

FinalFins

Ugh, i have a giant social studies project and I CANT find ANY resources on my topic >

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

What topic?? I may be able to help.

NBettas83

Our SS teacher is making us do some "Living History" Project where we have to record events, and we have to be creative. bleh

Forced creativity is not creativity!

Oh, and our science teacher keeps getting the days wrong because we had Monday off. I don't blame hime though, not even I can remember sometimes.

AcornTheBetta

NBettas83 said:
Our SS teacher is making us do some "Living History" Project where we have to record events, and we have to be creative. bleh

Oh, and our science teacher keeps getting the days wrong because we had Monday off. I don't blame hime though, not even I can remember sometimes.
Lol. My ss project took forever!

MacZ

Living history... what a great past time that was... I had a full attire for 3 different regions and time frames. 200BC Gaul, 8th century Irish, 9th century Norwegian. Almost all of the stuff I've sold 4 years ago.

NBettas83 said:

Where is there forced creativity? I only see a chance to do something the way you like it and not the way your teacher or a book want it. Why not write about Covid from the perspective of a monk of the 13th century? Or about the end of the cold war form the view of a survivor of the 100 years war?

Also SS means something very different and historical to me. Makes me shiver.

NevermindIgnoreMe

Not including the three I just turned in, my big end of the year projects (though the memorizing is easy) :
Memorize three poems,
A project on 15-16th century music,
A research paper

Paper and poems due next week, music due the week after.

MacZ

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
What did you do?

Frisbee

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Not including the three I just turned in, my big end of the year projects (though the memorizing is easy) :
Memorize three poems,
A research paper

Paper and poems due next week, music due the week after.
Oooo, that’s the good stuff. Bach and Vivaldi (some of my favorites) were late 16th century to early 17th century. You are too early for Paganini though, you should have covered him, he was more late 17th century I think.

NevermindIgnoreMe

MacZ said:
What did you do?
I'm still working on it, I'm going to cover instruments, styles, and artists of the time. I'm really liking Claudio Monteverdi. His music was kind of a precursor to opera, and it's sounds awesome.
Frisbee said:
Oooo, that’s the good stuff. Bach and Vivaldi (some of my favorites) were late 16th century to early 17th century. You are too early for Paganini though, you should have covered him, he was more late 17th century I think.
I can't do those unfortunately, it's supposed to be Shakespearean time, which ends at about 1620 around his death. But Bach would be great to do if I could.

Also, any ideas of what I could do presentation wise other than visual aids and possibly recordings/YouTube videos would be appreciated. I can't afford a lute or shawm or a lyre unfortunately. I really wish I could though, the lute is so beautiful and sounds lovely, it has always intrigued me.

MacZ

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
I'm still working on it, I'm going to cover instruments, styles, and artists of the time. I'm really liking Claudio Monteverdi. His music was kind of a precursor to opera, and it's sounds awesome.
Little late (for your timeframe and the project) but the works of Michael Praetorius - Wikipedia helped me a lot when it came to learning my instruments. He did a lot documenting of the instruments of his time.

Feohw

scarface said:
And I thought the new Star Wars trilogy was bad.
Oh it is. Though you'll have to wait quite a while to see the worst trilogy, you'll know all about it if the bestest thread ever becomes a trilogy. If. Just don't hold your breath

In the meantime, the random is about to reach its peak. And we will exceed a trilogy before long too
jinjerJOSH22 said:
assumed it was somewhere to post about other fish "Kissing" Gourami this has made my morning
If only we could all assume such things. Fishlore would be a far better place. One of these days I'll have to post my pearls kissing one another over there and see if anyone comments on that.

Frisbee

Snickerdoodles and jerky is a complete meal! Carbs, fat and protein!

(That’s what I had for dinner, lol).

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

I really like ravioli for some reason. It is the most beautiful thing I've ever had.

AcornTheBetta

Canacullus said:
I really like ravioli for some reason. It is the most beautiful thing I've ever had.
Lol. Burgers!!!!!!!!!

NevermindIgnoreMe

Canacullus said:
FishGuy4563 said:
Lol. Burgers!!!!!!!!!
Chick Fil A and chocolate cake and any cheese stuffed Italian noodle.

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

I have a QT tank setup in my bedroom right now, and the sound of the sponge filters air pump is horrible. IDK if I can sleep tonight lol. I do have a HOB on it to so I may turn off the sponge filter,

Jerome O'Neil

Pad Thai again tonight, with shrimp this time.

I'm doing a corned beef tomorrow. I bought rye bread, Swiss cheese, kraut, and Russian dressing for leftover Reuben sammiches.

Mmmmm....

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

I don’t like corned beef. Too fatty.

AcornTheBetta

Yum! I had deep dish pizza tonight....

Jerome O'Neil

Canacullus said:
I don’t like corned beef. Too fatty.
You don't like brisket? Have you seen your doctor lately?

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

Brisket is good if it is very lean. No fat.

Frisbee

Letting my pet snail (Hawkeyes, the pacific sideband) observe the fish tank. He seemed pretty intrigued by the ranchu.

NC122606

I got a picture that can potentially win the May Photo Contest.
I am sure I have posted it somewhere.

Feohw

NC122606 said:
I got a picture that can potentially win the May Photo Contest.
I am sure I have posted it somewhere.
If you posted it then I likely saw it, but I look forward to seeing it again when you enter it (and to see which one it is). Good luck with the contest

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom