Ranchu not eating or pooping

holly295

Hello,

My Ranchu is not eating or pooping and doesn't seem to want to swim. He kind of floats and seems more partial to use his fins on the right side of his body instead of the left. He has been in an established 40 gallon tank with two other goldfish for ~4-5 months. My water parameters are good (see below). I have been feeding them Hikari sinking pellets every other day. All of a sudden yesterday he just seemed to be off - not swimming normally. So I have isolated him for about 24 hours now and noticed he has not pooped. I dropped in some blanched peas today and he is not interested in eating it. Not sure what is wrong? He looks normal (no pinecone, no lesions, nothing physically I can see) I am guessing constipation but maybe he hasn't pooped cause he hasn't eaten? Not sure what to do or try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PH - 7.6
Ammonia - 0 ppm
Nitrite - 0 ppm
Nitrate - 5 ppm
Temp - 76

Water conditioner - SeaChem Prime

holly295

Thank you for your reply! I found these directions online - is this what I should follow?

"To give your fish an Epsom salt bath, pour half of the tank's water into a clean container. Add 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt for every 1 gallon of water. Have the fish swim in the solution for 15 to 30 minutes. Remove the fish promptly and return him to his aquarium if he appears stressed or relieves himself."

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
PeggyH
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views