Ran Out Of Sinking Granules...

1. unangrybird Member Member

I have a tank with only albino cories in it and I typically feed TetraMin sinking granules along with sinking shrimp pellets, wafers, and frozen blood worms and brine shrimp for treats (a few times a week). All but the frozen stuff is on autoship but I don't have enough to feed sinking granules tonight and new order won't be here till Friday which is 4 days away! Can't buy it locally for some reason. I have lots of fish flakes for my other tanks but that stuff doesn't sink very fast! What do I do? I'm not opposed to cooking for them if need be. I've never really though of the wafers or pellets as a meal for some reason. It's more like the chips that go with the burger kind of thing. I have all kinds of fish frozen, raw shrimp, crab legs, swai, tilapia and salmon. My husband already told me I'm nuts today :)

Thanks for reading! BTW, the little cannibals are eating the eggs they lay within an hour of laying. I doubt it's from hunger as there are shrimp pellets on the sand.

2. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

They should be fine for 4 days without sinking granules. Give them frozen foods and shrimp pellets and they'll be happy. Most of my fish only get pellets or flakes once or twice a week.

3. TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

And what are you expecting to eat the flake before it sinks enough for the cories to notice it?

Put flake in.

Wait.

Turn off the filters if you're worried about it being sucked up.

4. unangrybird Member Member

Thanks. I have heard that so many times but I couldn't let a pet go without for even a day.

5. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

They get fed every day (apart from a fast day once every two weeks) just not pellets/flakes. They get things like vegetables, frozen foods, freeze dried foods, algae wafers, live foods, seaweed and boiled egg. After reading my original post it sounds like I only feed my fish once or twice a week.