Ramshorn Issues

Aquarista

Reaction score
I got a ramshorn over two months ago, it is still alive but its shell went to pink and then to just ugly, with a center that is darkening , any ideas?

thank you

Attachments

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
It's a ramshorn snail. I doubt it's going to die anytime soon. The coloration of his shell is probably just due to aging and maturing, and possibly also due to his diet and mineral levels in the water.

Aquarista

Reaction score
okay, thank you, its my first real aquarium, so every creature is welcome, i have a 10 gallon with ramshorn snails and I think pond snails, i see them struggle for territory, is it dangerous, do they kill each other?

varmint

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Poor shells on snails is normally a sign of calcium deficiency. Snails will not harm each other, but be prepared to be overrun with snails.

Ziggythecat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
varmint said:
Poor shells on snails is normally a sign of calcium deficiency. Snails will not harm each other, but be prepared to be overrun with snails.
I agree

Aquarista

Reaction score
hmmm ty im told I can't add calcium to freshwater apparently, like by adding see shells, is the calcium deficiency dangerous for the snail?

Aquarista

Reaction score
More Ramshorn issues for my favorite Aquagurus:
1- found dead snails in a cloudy tank*, any realtion? Why would they die?
2- 2 of the dead snails were interlocked, as though thay axphicsiated (sy) each other, any ideas?

*Having major algae problems there with the green water that has now turned cloudy on the 'whitish/greyish' side

Thank you all

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom