Rams With Ich

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by rmurray, Apr 8, 2017.

1. rmurray

rmurray Valued Member Member

Alright so I bought some Rams and appistos 7 days ago and 6 days ago the gbr started showing ich. I bought a second heater and cranked em up.

10gallon qt tank with an aqueon 10 filter and sponge filter.

Yesterday the ebr started showing specs.

With both heaters up 1 on max(marineland) 1 on 90(eheim) the thermometer says 85 degrees so I might turn the eheim to max.

Maybe the sponge filter is creating to much surface bubbling cooling the tank.
    I ordered seachem garlic guard.
    Have been dosing API stresscoat with water changes. Every 3 days.
    Lfs has Kent garlic xtreme and ridich I can get these if they're compatible.

For water changes I use aqueon water conditioner since Prime is too concentrate. Plus stability.
    Tank is cycled and probably has more biomedia than most 40gallons.
    What can I do? All this fish are still acting fine, should I continue current treatment just try to get the heat up?

2. APierce

APierce Well Known Member Member

I'd continue what you are doing, just try to get that heat up to 86.

3. OP
    OP
    rmurray

Yeah I used a temp gun it's at 89 degrees. Guess those cheap thermometers aren't that accurate lol

4. APierce

APierce Well Known Member Member

crazy!

5. OP
    OP
    rmurray

Just an update for the next guy. After 1 ram died at 89 degrees I went to the lfs. They gave me ridich as reimbursement. 2 fish started to recover within 2 days, 1 appisto died after showing no signs of change in a week. I just moved the 1 living ebr and 1 appisto to the main tank today after no signs of ich for about a month.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice