Rams & Angels

Sabi

How do they get on? I know some ppl have them and I was considering getting them again and keeping them in my 67gal. Is there aggression?

Tom

How do they get on? I know some ppl have them and I was considering getting them again and keeping them in my 67gal. Is there aggression?

The only aggression would be between two males over territory. With the occasional female showing territorial behavior towards other males(not her mate). What do you mean, 'how do they get on'? I don't understand that statement.
Tom

Howeyg

with me my angel only gets aggresive over food with my ram but on saturday I'm going to set up a smaller tank just for my widow ram and I will buy her a new male friend. hopefully they will breed and this time no pesky barbs will eat the eggs

Sabi

Are there aggression between the angelfish and the rams?
How do the rams and angels get on with one another?

Tom

with me my angel only gets aggresive over food with my ram but on saturday I'm going to set up a smaller tank just for my widow ram and I will buy her a new male friend. hopefully they will breed and this time no pesky barbs will eat the eggs

I was wondering what happened to the eggs.

My angels don't even think that the rams are there, they just ingnore them unless there is food. The rams do the same thing.
Tom

Sabi

Good luck!
The last time I had rams was yeeears ago and they died the first two days after purchase!

Tom

Good luck!
The last time I had rams was yeeears ago and they died the first two days after purchase!

I had a ram in my 36 that lasted for a few weeks but didn't eat. The ones in my 37 are doing great and love to eat and are always out and about playing with each other and my lemon tetras that are the same size as them right now.
Tom

Sabi

I was wondering what happened to the eggs.

My angels don't even think that the rams are there, they just ingnore them unless there is food. The rams do the same thing.
Tom
Ah, good!

x

Tom

No Problem isn't that what we are here for?
Tom

Sabi

Lol, yeah but it is decent to thank someone for their help/input whatever!

Tom

Lol, yeah but it is decent to thank someone for their help/input whatever!

It is just polite and not decent. It makes me feel good when I give advise(usually correct) and makes me wonder if I give bad advice, but that is when I just tell them to wait for someone else who would know the answer.
Tom

Howeyg

Good luck!

really how come

Sabi

It is just polite and not decent. It makes me feel good when I give advise(usually correct) and makes me wonder if I give bad advice, but that is when I just tell them to wait for someone else who would know the answer.
Tom
Right Professor! I didnt know you give wrong advise-yet. lol!

Sabi

really how come
I had my tank just cycled and got them first along with angels and mollies. One angel died straight away the rams and other angel died over the next 3 days. Water wasn't old enough and didnt know a thing slowly I read researched and found what wasn't right.

Tom

Right Professor! I didnt know you give wrong advise-yet. lol!

If you read most of my first posts, I gave ill advice.
Tom

Sabi

If you read most of my first posts, I gave ill advice.
Tom
When, recently? I only read what interests me

Tom

When, recently? I only read what interests me

I mean in the first 100 posts of mine.
Tom

Sabi

well that's ages ago.

Sabi

That is ages ago (year) at least I wasn't here then.

cuteusagi

As far as my angel and ram, the ram wasn't eating for a while (I have another thread about that ordeal) and moved him to a separate tank. Found out my 7 zebra danios were keeping him from venturing near the surface to retrieve food, and he also is an extremely picky eater (right now will only eat frozen foods: bloodworms for treats, brine shrimp daily). I recently put him back in the tank with all the other fish (minus the danios) and he does quite well.

Depending on his mood, sometimes the ram will chase the angelfish a few inches, but that's about as aggressive as he tries to be. He usually only does that when there's food involved, although I've also seen the two of them share food from their mouths, so go figure. He's all bluff and no bite!!! I only have the 1 Bolivian ram and 1 Angelfish, and we've had them for a while now....

Sabi

Thanks for your input. Yeah, i've been hearing they get on well most of the time.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Jragan23
  • Question
40 Gallon Tank Bolivian Rams vs. GBRS
Replies
Views
Jragan23
  • Question
Replies