Rams And Gourami?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamaile

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I've recently been intrigued by rams. Would they get along with bettas or other gourami very well? Would they pick at long tails on betta males? Maybe I could put female bettas in with them? I've also been considering pygmy or dwarf gourami. Thoughts? I have a 20 gallon high, so a male betta probably wouldn't be a good idea for that tank. But it may still be an option for another tank...

kayla.s

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Wouldn't do the female bettas either. They can be aggressive. If you get 2 (male and female) rams in a 20 tall I wouldn't try adding gouramis... are you talking German rams or Bolivians? If you go with two you might have room for a school of small tetras, just check their temp compatibility

OP
Kamaile

Kamaile

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I've never done rams before, so I hadn't gotten so far as to decide what type of ram. I only have experience with the gouramis, and I wasn't sure about potential compatibility since both fish can be housed in some community settings. What type of ram would you suggest?

kayla.s

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I keep Germans, however many people will tell you it's best to start with Bolivians as they are hardier. They require a lower temp than the Germans and therefore are easier to find tank mates for. I find the Germans to be prettier so I try my best to model the community around them, however it's a 75g tank. In a 20 tall I would * maybe * add 2 pygmy gouramis, given that they are temp compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom