Ram Cichlid Tank Mates

1. f

fishlover13 New Member Member

I am thinking of getting a tank that is going to have ram cichlids in it, but what are some good tank mates that are compatible with rams? Thanks in advance.

2. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

Hi,

Tank mates depend on tank size usually. I kept my Rams with mostly Tetras. My favorites were Lemon Tetras, Rummynose Tetras, and Lemon Tetras.

3. OP
    OP
    f

Thanks!

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to the forum

It really depends on the size tank you are working with.

5. Gordinian

Gordinian Well Known Member Member

Welcome to fishlore! I agree- tetras and other small fish. What size tank is this, and is it cycled? Rams really don't do good with uncycled tanks and need an established tank.

6. CichlidSWAGA

CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

I have kept dwarf Gouramis, neon tetras, and corry cats with them. But like everyone else said it depends on your tank size

7. jerilovesfrogs

jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

I keep my bolivians with many many different species....they are in a 150 though. but rams are pretty easy going

-j

8. OP
    OP
    f

1) My tank is 30 gallons

2) Thanks for the info you could provide.

9. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah the rams will get along with most all the peaceful fish out there, thou they will get a bit aggressive around spawning times if you have a pair in there.

10. m

mike831 New Member Member

I have neon tetras with my GBR and they all get along... but my GBR is really lazy when it comes to feeding time and the tetras usually get all the food. That's my only issue.