Raising Angelfish And Bronze Cory Fry Together?

1. Colt Frost

Colt Frost Well Known Member Member

So right now I have about 35, 1 week old angelfish fry, and I’ve been incubating some bronze cory eggs in a little Tupperware dish inside the tank, and I was wondering if I could raise them in the same tank. Since the Angelfish And the cories both eat brineshrimp?

2. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Don't angels grow faster?

3. bizaliz3

bizaliz3 Fishlore Legend Member

Ok....so the cories are just eggs, but the angels are already week old free swimmers? If so, that no, that won't work. The newly hatched cories will be placed with like 2 week old angels. I could see the angels causing harm to the freshly hatched cories.

Now....if you keep the cories in the separate floating container until they start free swimming and eat a few meals and put on a little size, then you could probably GROW THEM OUT together. But you will want the cories to put on a little size before putting them with the older and larger angelfish fry.

Me personally, I grow out angels and BN plecos in the same tank sometimes if I have to. The only issue I have had is that the angels around dime sized will start nipping at the tails of my long fin BN plecos. So once that happens I have to separate. I don't know how it would work with angels and cories though. OH and again, I grow them out together, I do not put them together until they all put on a little size. They start in their own 10g tanks until I feel like they are all big enough to go into a larger 46g grow out tank.

So...long story short, I bet they can grow out together in a larger tank, but they should start in their own smaller tanks.

edit: @DoubleDutch makes a good point though....if angelfish fry grows much faster than cory fry, it might not work. You will want to give the cory fry lots and lots of hiding spots!! That is what I do for my pleco babies that are with angel babies. TONS AND TONS of hiding spots.
    I think it is a gamble honestly. I would grow them out a bit before putting them together if I were you.

4. yukondog

yukondog Well Known Member Member

I have about 50 angel fry and have raised bronzes before, if it were me and both were about the same age I would, but not in a bare bottom tank which I use when raising fry, I would do it in a reg. decorated tank that way the corys have some cover.

5. tetratetris

tetratetris Member Member

No.

Ok maaaaaaybe as others said if there is enough cover. Leave it to he smart ones.

:)

6. OP
    OP
    Colt Frost

Colt Frost Well Known Member Member

Oh, I forgot to say that lol. I was going to wait until they were roughly the same size, and I'm going to put a bunch of hornwort in there for them to hide in. But I'm thinking I'll get another tank for the cories to grow out in because I didn't know that the angels grew faster. And thank you all for your input! :)