RainbowShark/CoryCat

1. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello. Here are a couple photos of my Rainbow Shark and my Elder Cory Cat and my Adult Silver Dollars, in my 265g.
    Ken

Attached Files:

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Oh, I love the shark and all your fish. If I ever get the 55 set up, I'm def. getting one!
    I'm so glad you got a digi and can share pics right away. :)

3. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

missed this thread!!!!!
    great shots...love the rainbows and rts ...lucy they would go great with a dempsey too! ;D

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks ladies :) I appreciate it. When I bought my Rainbow Shark a while back and added him to the tank the Bloody Parrots chased him all over the place. (They were in 155g at the time) After that I didn't see him for 6 weeks and thought he had perished. Then he just popped out of hiding one day and he hasn't been scared since. He'll chase my Silver Dollars on occasion but no harm done. He doesn't dare mess with the Bloody Parrots though! teehee
    Ken

5. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

awwww poor rainbow - he's really cute - I'm glad he's out of hiding now :) I didn't realize PBs had any fight in them! Great pictures of everyone! :D

6. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

They're beautiful, Ken! :;rocker

7. btate617 Well Known Member Member

I like the SD's Ken, nice shots.

Brian

8. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks for the comments!

Ilovee the Blood Parrots (BP) (speaking for mine) are most aggressive towards "new" tank mates and of course at spawning time. After the initial introduction of a new fish and 1/2 hour goes by the BP's treat the new guy like he's been there for years. They act as a group when attacking a new fish, it's not just one showing the aggression.

I've read other members posts that had BP's also and they had problems with them showing aggression towards "smaller" fish. Mine haven't bothered with my Cory Cats. Now that my Juvenile Silver Dollars have gotten established into the tank the BP's don't bother them either. :)

They are such a wonderful, odd species. I think they are very affectionate too. They've grown accustom to me being in the tank at cleaning time and I have to ask them to move so I can clean but they don't listen very well :pokey:
    Ken

9. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

That's so cool and cute! I adore having fish like that. ;D

10. gunner13 Well Known Member Member

Great colours on the rainbow shark Ken. They all look well cared for. Nice fish and tank m8.
    Nick

11. lorabell Well Known Member Member

so gald to see your babies!!!!!!! The pictures are absolutely stunning!!!!!!!! Ya did good!!!!!

12. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks Lori, Gunner and Peace. Having a digital camera now has opened a new world for me! :)
    Ken

13. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Great pics Ken !

You have a cool lookin tank :cool: