Rainbows with Monos

Discussion in 'Rainbowfish' started by GBR.Moorrreeee, Apr 10, 2010.

1. GBR.MoorrreeeeValued MemberMember

I went to the store yesterday and fell in love with these Mono Sebaes. My tank is now at:
    3 Madagascars
    5 McCullochi
    2 SAE
    3 Mono Sabae
    Would this set up work:
    4 Madagascars
    7 McCullochi
    2 SAE
    3 Mono Sebae
    3 Mono Argentus
    The mono's are only 1 inch so they are fine in full fresh, but when they get bigger would it be okay if i add some salt for them with the rainbows in there. Also i will take them back in 3-4 years when they get to big. Thanks.

2. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Some people find it harder to part with their fish than others. I don't think you'll really know how you feel about it till you have to do it.

3. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

All this in the tank that you only clean every 2 months? The last time you cleaned it was last summer, right? If it is the same tank, maybe you shouldn't add to it, in case that offsets whatever balance you have found.

4. GBR.MoorrreeeeValued MemberMember

No. This is my 46 bowfront. I've had it up and running since july. I do a water change every week. I try to keep them around 10 to 20 percent. Soj does anyone know if the rainbows could go a little brackish? Just enough to help the monos.
    And Meenu, one mono would be about the size of half the 10 when there 3-4 years old.:;smack

5. kloseoWell Known MemberMember

rainbows are not brackish fish and the salt may harm their slim coat, if you chose to keep the monos, i would set up a brackish for them and keep freshwater for the rainbows. dwarf puffer fish are brackish and are really cute as are green and spotted puffers, any of those three could go with the mono

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice