Rainbows with Monos

GBR.Moorrreeee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I went to the store yesterday and fell in love with these Mono Sebaes. My tank is now at:
3 Madagascars
5 McCullochi
2 SAE
3 Mono Sabae
Would this set up work:
4 Madagascars
7 McCullochi
2 SAE
3 Mono Sebae
3 Mono Argentus
The mono's are only 1 inch so they are fine in full fresh, but when they get bigger would it be okay if i add some salt for them with the rainbows in there. Also i will take them back in 3-4 years when they get to big. Thanks.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Some people find it harder to part with their fish than others. I don't think you'll really know how you feel about it till you have to do it.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
All this in the tank that you only clean every 2 months? The last time you cleaned it was last summer, right? If it is the same tank, maybe you shouldn't add to it, in case that offsets whatever balance you have found.

GBR.Moorrreeee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No. This is my 46 bowfront. I've had it up and running since july. I do a water change every week. I try to keep them around 10 to 20 percent. Soj does anyone know if the rainbows could go a little brackish? Just enough to help the monos.
And Meenu, one mono would be about the size of half the 10 when there 3-4 years old.

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
rainbows are not brackish fish and the salt may harm their slim coat, if you chose to keep the monos, i would set up a brackish for them and keep freshwater for the rainbows. dwarf puffer fish are brackish and are really cute as are green and spotted puffers, any of those three could go with the mono

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom