Rainbows for days remake of 55gal input appreciated

New2fishlovinit

Whew what a holiday. My next project was put on hold because of surprise fry so ….

Over the holidays things went a little crazy I had sick fish and my fist Blackbeard Algae (saw it very early). I seem to be through the worst of it with just a few fish acting sickly and my Angels are doing well. I’ll update that thread at some point.

Soooo. I’m going to document what I have a my ideas and hope that some of you all can inspire and advise.

let’s start with the mess that it is I took pictures across the tank

left side moss bed in the corner - plan move to far right around base of the pillars I’d like to build that corner up some how it is directly below the out flow. Maybe some zebra rock …. I like the drift wood that’s pilled up. The plants are mostly Anubis of varying sorts need some algae cleaning.
You must be registered to see images

center is a mass of melting but growing plants. I have chopped these down and they do grow back but always melting I’m contemplating a Val center … i have one other Roman esc piece that’s fairly large and another piece of decoration with bubble option (looks like ring from Stargate TV show)

the only place I’ve started to shape it up I moved all the low grass in front of the large piece and have started the moss bed I want to cover the edges.

all together - keeping large white decoration. Up for changing up most anything else either moving or adding

Overstocked possibly ..

9 Bosimani 3 male 6 female - will be keeping for sure.
2 Red Rainbows 1 sickly female, no treatment had much effect eats minimal wasting away. Taking male with her it seems… my random fry are the same species so 12-15 possible more to come. Photo

2 Yellow rainbow pair They seem good.
6 green corydoras

Zebra rock and Val’s would need to be ordered I could use some red shale or just river rock on hand. It’s on a every other day water change right now to help me combat algae plus was medicated trying to help red. I’ll post an update but looking for any and all input.

Rye3434

My main thing would be swapping out for a black background if possible, everything would show up a lot more imo

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Basil
Replies
Views
New2fishlovinit
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
Replies
Views