Rainbow Shark Should With Green Tiger Barb And Catfish?

logqnty

Hello, I had a rainbow shark a while ago, and I had to return him because he was aggressive to all my fish, exept for my non aggressive Cory catfish. I would like to get another’s rainbow shark when all my fish pass away, I was wondering if any one had any experience with green tiger barbs and rainbow sharks? Thanks.

FlipFlopFishFlake

If you have an appropriate size aquarium for it (55+gallons) it won't bother the barbs.

logqnty

If you have an appropriate size aquarium for it (55+gallons) it won't bother the barbs.
Thanks.

Dexter84

I bought 10 green tiger barbs last weekend to my 45 gallon that holds a Rainbow shark. He don't look on the Corydoras either. But are aggresive to my Bolivian ram and siamese algae eater but mostly when there is food out.
It works good exept when there is food in the tank and 1 hour after. My Shark won't allow the Barbs come close to the middle and chasing them away to the corner of the tank. And if 1 barb moves out of the pack he get chased in again. Rainbow sharks don't kill other fish, well they could body slam them but the barbs are to fast for that. And its mostly just a territoral behaviour shows who is the boss. Maybe this will change when the barbs gets bigger. My tank is heavy planted and got lots of caves etc I guess that's changes things abit to.

But overall Sharks and tiger barbs are decent tank mates what I have heard.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Wrench
Replies
Views
Tom Bowling
Replies
Views
Pita Rex
  • Question
Replies