Rainbow shark getting aggressive

Andy2023

My rainbow shark as gotten much more aggressive, he nevered bothered any of my bottom feeders he'd only bother with the swordtails, platys and sometimes the barbs but now he's started bothering the neon tetras and pleco, there's plenty of hiding places and plants he normal would hide with the Cory's which he still does but he's started chasing the pleco. What should I do? It's also a 55gall tank

Andy2023

Unfortunately they have a habit of not being great community fish. They like to have their own territory so all those smaller fish are invading his space so he is acting out. I would look into rehoming or getting him his own tank.
Rainbow Shark Care - Size, Life Span, Tank Mates, Breeding
He's never been a bother and we've had him a year or so but now he's starting to bother the pleco and that doesn't even even come near his territory, the other fish he'd only chase if and when they'd come to the bottom to look for food, he doesn't nip the fish as I've not seen no damage but I'll see if my father in law would like it if not ill see if the fish shop can take him back

Upvote 0

kattiq

Yeah things can change when they get older though. Did you get the rainbow shark last? Or did you add in all the other fish later?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Justkeepswimming01
Replies
Views
Koolboy2001
Replies
Views
Spudsssy
Replies