Rainbow Shark combatiblity

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Chris123, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Chris123

Chris123Well Known MemberMember

Can i keep a RS with these kinds of fish

2 Convicts
    1 jack dempsey
    1 Bloody parrot

Thanks
    CB

2. Sammyboi1993Valued MemberMember

What size is the Tank?

3. OP
    OP
    Chris123

4. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Yes, you should be fine. Make sure you have hiding spots in case the RS gets harrassed.

How big is your JD and how big would the RS be? I would make sure the RS wouldn't fit in the JD's mouth. That would be my only concern.

Hope this helps.

5. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

I would actually skip the shark and get another parrot ;D but thats me :)

6. OP
    OP
    Chris123

Would that work or would that be overstocked?

5 inches the rs would be 5 also

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
  7. Sammyboi1993Valued MemberMember

Yep it works, but id stick with the rainbowshark, iv got one and He's So lively and so tame, they do need hiding spaces tho. Iv had my shark for 7 years now and he's still going strong.

8. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

you might have to do more water changes (as mature adults) but your cons and jd are mostly middle/bottom where your lone parrot is middle/top (or at lease mine are) and I can say I bet you would have more interaction from your parrot with a buddy....but again, thats my perspective ;D

9. e_watson09

e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

I agree with shawnie. Mine are much happier in a group of three compaired to when I had a lone one.

10. LyndaB

LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

Gotta love those parrots!!! :party0031:

I have 3 parrots with my rainbow shark. Very occasionally, the smallest BP will give a little bit of chase to the shark, but not often. And it never amounts to anything.

My rainbow does not care for the quick movements of fish like zebra danios, however. Makes him nervous, I guess.

11. Swifterz

SwifterzValued MemberMember

i have 1 adult rainbow shark and he is tough as nails. he's the meanest fish i have. he never attacks anything but he chases anything that comes near his area out immediately and all his tank mates know better. my firemouths don't mess with him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice