Rainbow Shark and elongated fish

NaturalGothic

Hey guys!
I have a question for those of you who have experience with rainbow sharks. Can a rainbow shark get along with a peacock eel or a dinosaur bichir? I’d love to add an eel like critter to my tank but I’m concerned about my albino rainbow shark being aggressive to the new guy. My tank is a 65 gallon that’s 36in L x 18in W x 24in H. I know that rainbow sharks can get along with things such as Plecos and Bichirs, but, it has to be done correctly. Any advice is appreciated ^^

Madchild57

NaturalGothic said:
Hey guys!
I have a question for those of you who have experience with rainbow sharks. Can a rainbow shark get along with a peacock eel or a dinosaur bichir? I’d love to add an eel like critter to my tank but I’m concerned about my albino rainbow shark being aggressive to the new guy. My tank is a 65 gallon that’s 36in L x 18in W x 24in H. I know that rainbow sharks can get along with things such as Plecos and Bichirs, but, it has to be done correctly. Any advice is appreciated ^^
I think it has to do a lot with the temperament of the rainbow shark. Some of them will attack everything and some will be so docile that they share their caves with cories. I recommend absolutely trying to divide up territory, give the rainbow shark plenty of caves and once it finds one it'll mostly stick to that area. For example, I have a little fake log that mine lives in and it rarely leaves that area. Mine is also on the docile side so I got very lucky. Also add the rainbow shark last, I think that helps since some territory will already be taken up and it won't have free reign on the tank space. That's what I know on the rainbow shark end, making territories is essential. I don't know if a bichir would be able to slurp it down, though.

New Threads