Rainbow Fish

Discussion in 'Rainbowfish' started by charlie40, Jun 26, 2018.

1. c

charlie40 New Member Member

Having successfully cycled and go a 200 litre tank up and running not quite fully stocked yet, but is all looking good we have become addicted to fish keeping. Now looking to get a 450 litre tank for rainbow fish and petricolas. Lots of conflicting advice on your tube etc so looking for someone with a bit more knowledge. Am I best to keep to less species in bigger groups ie 6 boesmani, 6 turquoise and 6 dwarf neon and 3 petricolas or keep more species in smaller groups?

2. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

If you look in my signature under this post you will see my stocking...well what my stocking was, I really need to update my signature.

Anyway, I have smaller schools (some aren't even in schools anymore due to fish dying and the fish store not having that particular Rainbow Fish available) because I wanted more species. They are all male. They all seem to school together and get along with each other just fine. Maybe, if I had some females, there would be some aggression, but I don't know for sure and don't want to risk it.

But with a 450l tank you should be able to have several larger schools. So really the choice is yours, but I would recommend at least 3 of every species.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice