Rainbow Darter Tank Setup

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by jcmguy, Jul 12, 2015.

1. jcmguy

jcmguy Valued Member Member

So I am setting up a tank to house some rainbow darters I will be receiving. This is what I have so far. I have a decent current flowing from the right to the left with smaller gravel on the right side and larger rocks as it goes to the left. I currently have some of my pond goldfish in this coldwater tank as placeholders. The tank was already cycled with endlers, as you can see a few are still in there. :) Does this look good to everyone?

Thanks,
    Jesse

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Well Known Member Member

Very nice! :)

3. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Nice tank! I have never heard of dwarf darters before. They look pretty cool :)

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. D

DTurner Valued Member Member

Not familiar with the fish but I like the tank man.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. OP
    OP
    jcmguy

jcmguy Valued Member Member

Hello again, everybody! The fish are in the tank! I got them for only $4.00 a piece from Zimmerman's Fish. I bought 4 male/female pairs and they threw in an extra pair free of charge. (Shipping's only around $12.00 bucks from them, too.) Brian is truly a great guy to do business with and he even catches the fish right from a river near him... So these are wild caught!! :) All 10 were alive when they arrived, too! Here are some pictures. Enjoy. :)

Also, they eat thawed bloodworms very voraciously. Their fins are a little scratched up but they should heal quickly. They are very curious and looks like they jump rather than swim to eat food floating by them which makes feeding them like watching someone throw a football down range! Lol :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
  6. D

DTurner Valued Member Member

That's awesome. Some good looking fish man.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice