120 Gallon Tank Racoons ended my pond goldfish experiment, so I upgraded.

richiep

Croeso welcome to fishlore
I'd like to know what the Raccoons got up to

MrMuggles

After the first month with the goldfish, I was like "oh cool the raccoons didn't get them, we'll be fine"

When summer ended, food became more scarce, and I know it was raccoons because all of the large heavy hiding places for the fish (terracotta pots, etc) were removed for fishing. My beautiful water lilies had pads tangled and shredded. My floating thermometer was discarded several yards away when it was determined not to be food. There was no sign of any of the fish. Swallowed whole!

richiep

Wow I didn't realise they were as destructive as that,

KrissyBunnie

I'm so sorry to hear about that.
I used to have issues with squirrels eating all my tomatoes. I was told about the old farmer rule of planting three times more than what you plan on eating. 1/3 for you, one third to go bad and one third for the animals. Though I guess in this case buying three times as many fish would be considered overstocking.

WRWAquarium

I've had a mink (I believe or an otter) clear a koi pond in 48 hrs. The lesson to be learnt is to have a heavy duty wire covering. Sry for your fish losses :(

MrMuggles

I've had a mink (I believe or an otter) clear a koi pond in 48 hrs. The lesson to be learnt is to have a heavy duty wire covering. Sry for your fish losses :(
We have rats that raid the gardens here, the whole city is completely infested, so I shoot them on sight with a pellet gun. As a public service and to protect my food.

Raccoons deserve better, I like them. I think my neighbors have a goldfish pond that trained them to fish around here.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kevinfjr
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
GoldfishEnthusiast
Replies
Views