Rabbit Snails Twins?

Tabbycat724

I bought a golden rabbit snail on Aug 17th. On Sept 24th I noticed a yellow baby rabbit snail. I have no other rabbit snail for my golden one to mate with. This led me to assume she got pregnant just before I bought her since she was with other rabbit snails at the store. However today, Nov 18th, I noticed another yellow (almost white) baby Rabbit Snail. I have no clue how she did this because there still is no other snail for her to mate with and her first baby is still way too young. They are also very different in size so I don't think they were born at the same time. How did she do this??? Any ideas?
My ideas:
1) She was carrying twins and one was just extremely small so it's growing slower and some how I never noticed it (???)
2) she had two encounters with a male before I bought her and was carrying babies of two different gestational ages (never heard of this happening)
3) I got some magical snail who can just pop them out alone (guess that's a good thing since I want to breed them)

I attached some pictures of them. The first photo is the mamma (largest of course). Second photo is the newest, it's a little redder and has more spirals on the shell. Third photo is the first baby I found (darkest shell of the babies)

Attachments

• 20201118_160012.jpg
    20201118_160012.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20201118_155936.jpg
    20201118_155936.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 17
  • 20201118_155940.jpg
    20201118_155940.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 17

Demeter

They store sperm so a single mating can produce several young.

They are baby making machines, just like chickens they have different staging of reproduction going on at the same time. I had a female gold rabbit die on me and I pulled the body out of the shell. What I found was a couple different sizes of baby snails in the reproductive tract. Interesting stuff.

Upvote 0

Tabbycat724

They are baby making machines, just like chickens they have different staging of reproduction going on at the same time. I had a female gold rabbit die on me and I pulled the body out of the shell. What I found was a couple different sizes of baby snails in the reproductive tract. Interesting stuff.
Ah that makes a lot more sense. I was cleaning my tank and I saw both at the same time and the first thing that came out of my mouth was "How the f*** did she do that" lol. At least now I know.

Upvote 0

Tabbycat724

Because they look a bit different in colors could it be possible for them to have different dads?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Valleriani
  • Snails
Replies
Views
Valleriani
  • Question
  • CoronaExtra
  • Snails
Replies