Rabbit Breeding Questions.

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Colt Frost, May 20, 2018.

1. Colt Frost

Colt FrostWell Known MemberMember

So I have a female rex rabbit. I was wondering if I could breed her with a Californian giant? Or would that be to much for her. I've had rabbits almost all my life, and bred them quite a couple times too, but I've stayed with a constant rex blood line. So I don't know if I would be able to cross them.

2. Smalltownfishfriend

SmalltownfishfriendWell Known MemberMember

You should be fine!! I have a Holland lop that I am hoping to cross with a Flemish giant.. just for fun.. however I think I will use a male lop and a female giant!!! Now I have a question for you... My Flemish giant doe went lame in her back legs... Did that ever happen to you?? I am not sure what to do about it!!

3. OP
    OP
    Colt Frost

Colt FrostWell Known MemberMember

Would it work with a female rex and male giant? I only have a female and my uncle has the male. I just want to be sure because I don't want her having complications during birth.

4. FishFor2018

FishFor2018Well Known MemberMember

there is one rule for breeding just about any animal: male and female same size or female larger than male. while sometimes a large male and smaller female can have good babies other times its a death sentence for the mom or serious injury's . I WOULD NOT recommend you breeding a small female with a large male.
    Hope this helps!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice