Rabbit aggression

Akari_32

I have 2 minI lops (or so I'm told lol), Princess and Betty. Betty is relaxed, clam. Princess is spaztastic, crazy, hyper. Neither of them are fixed. I would like to remove the divider in their cage so they have a bit more room, but their interactions (mounting) with each other are keeping me from doing it. Betty is very submissive and rolls on to her side most of the time when Princess gets her, but some times she fights back. I found some info on a few web sites that if they duke it out, they will usually stop and get along, but I thot i'd ask before I did it (Princess has gotten a nice little hole in her knee once from Betty, when I was aaaall the way on the other side of the yard, but I kept and eye in it, and it healed up, but so far that's all that's ever happened).

sirdarksol

Sorry that this thread had gone missing... It's back.

Akari_32

>.< thanks!

Akari_32

c'on guys! I kno some one out there know how to fix this! its getting to the point now that they chase eachother across the yard to get at each other, and I'm serriously considering getting rid of one of them, tho I really, honestly don't want it to come to that... :'(

bolivianbaby

You can try contacting this organization. They're the house rabbit society. They may have a few pointers to help.

patzee

I raised show French lops for many years. Unfortunately, there is usually no way that 2 females will get along in a small cage. Or two males, for that matter. Sorry, but I think you're stuck with the separator!

bolivianbaby

I raised show French lops for many years. Unfortunately, there is usually no way that 2 females will get along in a small cage. Or two males, for that matter. Sorry, but I think you're stuck with the separator!

I apologize for the hijack, but I'd like to know why. Is it because of the cage size causing lack of territory? Could they be re-introduced after the large cage is built with better chances of success?

Akari_32

thanks bolivianbaby, I'll check it out

and I hope the new cage will be big enough for them to stop...

any more tips would be great tho!

Akari_32

You can try contacting this organization. They're the house rabbit society. They may have a few pointers to help.

thanks for the links, BB, but it didnt have anything I didnt already kno, except useing a spray bottle. I don't really see my parents letting me bring the girls inside to introduce them, tho, and they get to go where ever they want in the yard, so there aren't any neutral places I can think of. what if its a place that they kno, but its been a long time since they were there and it different? would that work as a good meeting place?

bolivianbaby

thanks for the links, BB, but it didnt have anything I didnt already kno, except useing a spray bottle. I don't really see my parents letting me bring the girls inside to introduce them, tho, and they get to go where ever they want in the yard, so there aren't any neutral places I can think of. what if its a place that they kno, but its been a long time since they were there and it different? would that work as a good meeting place?

I would think so, but I'm still fairly new to rabbits, so I can't guarantee it.

I'd say it was worth a shot as long as you could separate them if things got out of hand.

Akari_32

I would think so, but I'm still fairly new to rabbits, so I can't guarantee it.

I'd say it was worth a shot as long as you could separate them if things got out of hand.

its a 10ft by 20ft garden (well, first it was a dog run, but they kept escaping, then it was a chicken coop lol). I'll try it in a few days, when I can have my dad bring home a new squirt bottle.

i've been putting who ever starts being mean to the other in time-out in the cage for a few minutes. Betty has been very unhappy the past few weeks (she's been starting it lately -sigh-). today she sat at the door and stared at me with puppy-eyes while Princess ran around like a toddler on excesive amouts of sugar (I was relay for life all weekend and my parents will only feed them when I'm gone, so they've been cooped up for a few days. poor bun-buns...)

*EDIT* now its Betty starting it... -sigh-... but I'll have a squirt bottle tomoro. any tips?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Akari_32
  • catsma_97504
  • Rabbit
Replies
Views
Akari_32
Replies
Views
Akari_32