R.I.P Poseidon.

betta06

my amazing 3 year old boy Poseidon died today.... he was a great fish always loved people and would come up to the glass to greet me every morning.

as for the cause I really don't know.... since I got him had swim bladder issues and this time it got really bad. so it started by him looking like he had dropsy and having troubles swimming but after a few days that went away so I did not worry to much about it. but then maybe a week or two later he was having a hard time swimming (with swimming bladder symptoms) so I fasted him, gave him Daphne, epson salt bath (he seemed to perk up at first but second time nothing happened) and even a pea I know it is not always recommended but it had worked in the past. none of these things worked so I gave him daily maybe 10% water changes until he passed away.. the only thing I think might have been beneficial was garlic I usually give it to my fish and for some reason did not think of it this time...

maybe it is weird but I looked him over just now and his gills look great, fins fine and eyes completely normal. the only thing I notice is maybe light pine coning and bloating.

here are some pictures of him.

image.jpghis most recent tank it is only 2.5 but I was planning on his upgrade to a 5-20 gallon he seemed to really like this tank though loved his pot! he slept there every night.
IMG_2747.jpgand this is when I first got him. in one those those easy care tanks... I feel really bad he lived in there for a month I think then went into a one and a half gallon and then his 2.5 were he has been living for the past few months.

JLAquatics

my amazing 3 year old boy Poseidon died today.... he was a great fish always loved people and would come up to the glass to greet me every morning.

as for the cause I really don't know.... since I got him had swim bladder issues and this time it got really bad. so it started by him looking like he had dropsy and having troubles swimming but after a few days that went away so I did not worry to much about it. but then maybe a week or two later he was having a hard time swimming (with swimming bladder symptoms) so I fasted him, gave him Daphne, epson salt bath (he seemed to perk up at first but second time nothing happened) and even a pea I know it is not always recommended but it had worked in the past. none of these things worked so I gave him daily maybe 10% water changes until he passed away.. the only thing I think might have been beneficial was garlic I usually give it to my fish and for some reason did not think of it this time...

maybe it is weird but I looked him over just now and his gills look great, fins fine and eyes completely normal. the only thing I notice is maybe light pine coning and bloating.

here are some pictures of him.

image.jpghis most recent tank it is only 2.5 but I was planning on his upgrade to a 5-20 gallon he seemed to really like this tank though loved his pot! he slept there every night.
IMG_2747.jpgand this is when I first got him. in one those those easy care tanks... I feel really bad he lived in there for a month I think then went into a one and a half gallon and then his 2.5 were he has been living for the past few months.
Don't feel bad about Poseidon, Betta06. Clearly you cared deeply about him and gave him a good life entrusted in your care! Bettas do not have very long lifespans (3-5 years) compared to many other fish. Most folks see a Betta as a decoration fit for a vase without no filter, heater or live plants. They are lucky if their fish live 6 months, and your's lived for 3 years! I'm sure if Poseidon knew better he would've been glad to be adopted by you!

AverageAquarist22

Sorry about Poseidon. Seems like he had a very caring owner and good home. He was very pretty.

BigManAquatics

He made it a few years. Lot of people can't say that about any of their bettas!

betta06

Sorry about Poseidon. Seems like he had a very caring owner and good home. He was very pretty.
yes I love his colours! never seen anything quite like it before.

Broggy

yes I love his colours! never seen anything quite like it before.
yeah, he was gorgeous. his fins remind me of a pink cow

NearMeBettas

Really gorgeous and unique colored fish. I am really sorry for your loss. All of my boys have same sized tank with a similar set up. They do love there coconut hides. I love your little pot btw.

betta06

Don't feel bad about Poseidon, Betta06. Clearly you cared deeply about him and gave him a good life entrusted in your care! Bettas do not have very long lifespans (3-5 years) compared to many other fish. Most folks see a Betta as a decoration fit for a vase without no filter, heater or live plants. They are lucky if their fish live 6 months, and your's lived for 3 years! I'm sure if Poseidon knew better he would've been glad to be adopted by you!
He made it a few years. Lot of people can't say that about any of their bettas!
considering since I got him he had multiple health issues I guess he lived a good age but I know he could have done better if whatever this thing he had near the end had not happened... do you have any idea what it might have been?
Really gorgeous and unique colored fish. I am really sorry for your loss. All of my boys have same sized tank with a similar set up. They do love there coconut hides. I love your little pot btw.
thank you! I know I never would have guessed he would like this pot so much! I will definitely use it for one of my other fish after a good clean.
yeah, he was gorgeous. his fins remind me of a pink cow
that is exactly what I thought when I got him!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
Kay438
Replies
Views
grace123
Replies
Views