R.I.P little guys!

1. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

2 of my 8 little neons has been taken by the ICH the infection is getting treated but not fast enough.

I hope your friends make it.
  2. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Sorry to hear that :(

Neons are very sensitive little fish, unfortunately.

3. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Yea my poor female GBr just died :(
  4. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Oh no! Was it because of the ich?

5. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Im not sure at this point she looked so bad with ich I think it was just stress
  6. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

lost 1 tetra and my other GBR!:mad:
  7. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Rip all my lost fish all I have left is my BN pleco and 1 guppy and fry :(.I will be taking the tanks down and cleaning them

8. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

I'm sorry for your loss.

There's no need to take the tanks down and clean them. Ich has a life cycle and once that cycle has been interrupted, it'll be as if the tank never had it. Are you using the heat method of treatment?
  9. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

nope the ICH was to servere im using Ich attack all natural herb stuff it didnt seem to help and I did the heat method with the meds it didnt work.
  10. kimoore Member Member

i had horrible ICH a while back, even the pleco was COVERED. I used ich treatment meds and upped the heat to 86, added an extra air stone and aquarium salt,( i halved the dose tho,) and within TWO days, it was falling off. I continued the entire treatment for 14 days with daily 25% water changes and gravel vac every 4 days. Its gone and has NEVER come back. Sorry to hear about your losses. Losing fish is such a bummer.

11. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Sorry you lost your fish :(

I recommend cranking the heat up to 84 or 85 and wait it out.
  12. Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

I think if you use the heat method and try to use medication, the heat actually lowers the oxygen level and if combined with a chemical treatment, will further deplete the oxygen. This article is a pretty good explanation on the disease and different treatments for Ich. The treatment section is about halfway down the article. http:///Aquarium_Ich.html

I've had ich in my tanks before and treated with the heat method. I did learn, however, to ALWAYS quarantine my tanks. I currently have 5 GBR's and a BN Pleco that have been in quarantine for about 5 weeks that I'm just now going to be gradually moving out to their respective tanks. Losing fish sucks, to put in plainly. There is always something to learn when it happens though! Good luck in eradicating the ich!
  13. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

EDit it triple posted ???
  14. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

EDIT yea triple posted ??
  15. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

I have more than enough oxygen I have a huge airstone with alot of power.
    this will help on what happened
  16. Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

I used ich attack once. It smelled horrible and the fish still had ich after the course of treatment. I had better luck with the heat, although I know some strains are more resilient than others to heat and I know that some fish seem to pop up with worse attacks than others. When I purchased my heater, I purchased one that was adjustable and used a super handy conversion chart on the back of the heater. Since we keep our house at 63f in the winter, I knew that I'd want a heater that would go minimum 20f over room temp, so I chose a 200w heater for my 45gallon tank. I didn't catch in your posts if your heater wasn't adjustable or if it couldn't get that high. Either way, I hope you don't lose any more fish. Just keep doing the water changes and from what I've read, keep the whole tank quarantined for at least 2 weeks after you last spot the ich. Gravel vacs should help sucking up the free-swimming ich. Other than that, I think everything has been covered.