R.I.P. Lillith

WolfaraRose

Today my Red Wag Female Swordtail, Lilly died. I am wondering if my assumptions were correct and she was hurt or something when my cat knocked the lid in a couple of weeks ago, or if she may have been harrassed to death. I have a female twinbar swordtail in there that Shiloh the only male can have his harem. Maybe I'm wrong and Phoenix is actually a boy platy. Upset that Lilly died though. Her and Shiloh were excellent mates, and before she started acting shy (after the lid was pushed into the tank by my cat) She would nuzzle against him and just be uber affectionate. She hadn't been eating for about a week after and I finally was watching her eat again and be her old self.... Don't understand why this happened. Also water params were perfect. Rip Lilly

Adam55

I'm sorry to hear that. It never feels good to lose a fish.

Sayba

Sorry for your loss

Rivieraneo

sorry for your loss.

endlercollector

Very sad to hear that you lost her

WolfaraRose

Thanks for the consolation..I went and got 2 For sure females to put into my tank (because if the twinbar is female, then she won't get harrassed) Can anyone tell me the difference between a female swordtail and a male platy/molly?

JustinSain

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but swordtails are longer and skinnier than mollies and platties

WolfaraRose

Thank you for your condolences. Closing this thread now.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
SinSins
Replies
Views
Cassiez
  • Question
Replies
Views
BenjiBear