R.I.P. Eiros

WolfaraRose

Today I had to euthanize my favorite fish, the betta I got from Fried Bettas. The little guy had gotten the fatal dropsy. Treatment was started right away and he was moved to a hospital tank. Sadly, it just got worse. I euthanized him with clove oil, and made sure he was as comfortable as possible during his passing. He was wrapped in a piece of my favorite cloth, and buried in my fairy garden. As my boyfriend and I buried him, we said things about his life, and how much we loved this little fish. I know he has an endless rice paddy, and his favorite female, Axie (who passed about a month ago) waiting in the afterlife for him. May he follow her around as he once did, and may he find eternal happiness in that endless rice paddy in the summerland. I didn't realize that a being so small, so intelligent, could cause a hurt so big. I love you Eiros, RIP

Flowingfins

I'm sorry you lost him

lollipopkiller

I'm so sorry

Lucy

I'm so sorry
RIP Eiros

Rivieraneo

I'm so sorry

WolfaraRose

Thanks for the condolences guys.

NCE12940

So sorry that you had to let him go. Truly, size has nothing to do with personality and he obviously had a wonderful personality. It's no surprise that you miss him so much, as is evident by your wonderful eulogy.

andrew dinh

I thought I was the only person that buried my betta. I used a jewelry box and covered him with frankincense and paper towels. I forgot where I buried him. Sorry for your betta's death. I came back to the fish hobby around this Christmas so I hope you're not discouraged to give up the fish hobby. I also have the same gourami in your profile pic.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
betta06
Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
Replies
Views