10 Gallon Tank Quite air pump

lunanightlock
I don't need too powerful of an air pump since I only need 30-40 Gph but since my tank is going into my bedroom quietness is a necessity, so what do you suggest? It's important for it to have more than one port.

Betta'sAnonymous
I like the Aqueon QuietFlow air pump. I got one on my 29g and a much bigger version for my 45g

lunanightlock
The problem with the aqueon quiteflow air pump for the 10 gallon is that it only has one port for tubing, I'm putting two sponge filters into my tank and would rather not have to run two air pumps.

Tramsdell
lunanightlock said:
The problem with the aqueon quiteflow air pump for the 10 gallon is that it only has one port for tubing, I'm putting two sponge filters into my tank and would rather not have to run two air pumps.
Get a manifold

mattgirl
I bought this MillionAir 600 air pump about 5 years ago. It has been in constant use since I got it. It has 2 outlets. It has an adjustable knob but as far as I can tell the knob really doesn't do anything. One of the best things about it is it is perfectly silent. It is sitting about 6 feet from me right now and I can't hear it at all. I am running 2 sponge filters with it. Should you end up with a pump with just one outlet you can use a t-valve/splitter to run 2 devices from the same outlet.

I sit all of my air pumps on a piece of foam to baffle the vibration and make sure it isn't up against anything. I have found that most air pumps are fairly quiet if they are set on foam.

The listing says this pump is for aquariums 60 gallons and up. I am using it for a 2.5 gallon shrimp bowl and a 2.5 gallon snail jar so i don't think it will be over kill for a 10 gallon tank. I use control valves on all air lines.

Sanderguy777
I have had good luck with tetra and Hygger pumps.
Any air pump can have as many or few ports as you want to by splitters for (the only issue is if you had a tetra 10 and wanted 8 sponge filters to run, or a linear piston pump running 5 filters, but if you stay away from the extremes, you'll be fine

Betta'sAnonymous
lunanightlock said:
Or a T-junction. They are pretty cheap usually. I run 2 big sponge filters from 1 outlet. Oh, and an airflow adjuster to add some back pressure. Usually a pack with all that around $5 at like a petsmart or petco.

Latest threads

Top Bottom