Quick Set Up For Unexpected Fry!

Pishies

My Enders had babies during the night. I put one of those plastic tanks that stick on the side of the tank for when the mother was giving birth.

The fry are so small they are swimming through the slots in the side of the guppy birthing tank! Help! They might get eaten by the other Endlers!

Now I have to quickly set up a new tank.

I have no where else to put them but in a new tank. If I put some cycled sponges from existing tank into new filter, how long until I can put them in the new tank?

The fry are currently in a small container with an air stone in a heated room, but no filter. How long can they stay in this little unfiltered tub until I can set up the new tank?

I can grab some media from a 5 month old establish and cycled tank.

Quick help please!

Tiny_Tanganyikans

Jam that airstone into your seeded sponge and tada filter

FishFish221

You could put the fry right after you put the sponge filter and the cycled media into the tank. The next time they give birth, don't use a breeding box as it stresses the mother out and fry can easily escape (like your fry). How large is the container (100ml, 500ml etc.)?

Pishies

You could put the fry right after you put the sponge filter and the cycled media into the tank. The next time they give birth, don't use a breeding box as it stresses the mother out and fry can easily escape (like your fry). How large is the container (100ml, 500ml etc.)?

The temporary container is a couple of liters big, about half a gallon. 6 teeny fry inside.

The mother never got to the stage of putting her into the breeding box. She didn't even look that pregnant. I was was expecting maybe another week until she dropped the fry . What can I do?

FishFish221

Jam that airstone into your seeded sponge and tada filter
To add on, get a plastic water bottle, cut holes at the bottom of it and a hole large enough for your airline tube to squeeze through. Then cut a few holes on the cap of the water bottle and tie the sponge onto the top of the bottle or put the bottle onto the sponge. Then flip it upside down. Make something like this:

The temporary container is a couple of liters big, about half a gallon. 6 teeny fry inside.

The mother never got to the stage of putting her into the breeding box. She didn't even look that pregnant. I was was expecting maybe another week until she dropped the fry . What can I do?

Set up the tank asap. The fry should be fine for about a day in the container.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 7.29.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 7.29.49 PM.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 30

Pishies

Ok FishFish221 I am on to it! Thanks heaps!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NavigatorBlack
Replies
Views
trinity28
Replies
Views
Elkwatcher
Replies
Views