Quick questions on compatability...

AlphaOmega

Reaction score
I'm not new or a beginner but I wanted to make sure some of the fish I was going to get would be compatable with each other.

I have a community tank set up, with none of the fish below 3" and 4 three spot gouramis, 3 of the females being smaller and the male being around 4.5" or so, and wondered if silver dollars and angelfish would be ok to mix together, as I've often heard conflicting views, but I guess everyone has different experiences.

Thanks in advance!

PS - There is plenty of room to add more than a few of each - big tank

Brut

Reaction score
i have had gouramis in the past and i havent had issues with there teperment, also i have lept silver dollars in my tank with them and they got along fine. I just havent kept angel's i think you should be fine though/

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Usually gouramis and angels don't get along very well together. when they get into the spawning mood they both can be killing machines. Silver dollars can be a little nippy also.
How big is the tank in question?
Carol

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Gouramis + Angelfish?.. normally not a good mix.. in fact I have several friends who tried that mix with disastrous results.. BUT, based on the combinations I've seen in the tanks belonging to my girlfriend's Dad, anything is possible !.. that man(Lloyd) has broken every possible rule in the book as far as fish combinations go , and raised Oscars with Bettas, Pacus, Parrot Fish, Goldfish, Talapias, Mollies, the biggest Cories I've ever seen and several other species I haven't been able to identify yet!.. they're all huge and healthy and from what I can gather, were all bought young and placed in tanks together to grow to maturity.. I truly believe the rules of fishraising can be bent and sometimes even broken on occasion, and Lloyd's tanks prove that.. and yes, he has the worse case of M.T.S. I've ever seen, his entire living-room is packed with tanks, with the furniture crammed in wherever it can fit.

If the fish you want to combine are young, then based on what I've seen, you may just be able to pull it off.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom