Quick question about powerheads and GPH

silverado61

I'm currently in the planning and research stage of setting up my 90g acrylic tank. It's a used tank and right now I'm leak testing and cleaning it.

My question is: For a 90g planted tank with inverts and schooling fish, I'm planning on using 2 powerheads for gas exchange and water flow. How many GPH would I need between the two powerheads?

Right now I'm looking at 1900GPH per powerhead. Is this too much or not enough?

Redshark1

I have a 90g aquarium and have two powerheads each rated at 1000 lph. I feel it is ideal.

silverado61

I have a 90g aquarium and have two powerheads each rated at 1000 lph. I feel it is ideal.
Since your the Loach Guru, what are your thoughts on keeping Kuhli Loaches?

Redshark1

While it's true that I have been researching Clown Loaches for many years I don't rate myself as a Loach Guru since I only kept a few species.

I don't even rate myself as a complete Clown Loach Guru since I never had experience of any diseases or problems to advise people on even though my six fish are 27 years of age. It's been plain sailing all the way.

And I especially don't rate myself as a Kuhli Loach Guru since I couldn't spell it until now.

Not only that but my only experience with Khuli Loach came when somebody used to walk past my house and see my 6ft aquarium light on. As he was leaving the aquarium hobby he brought me his Kuhli and a Krib. The female Krib had a long and happy life in my aquarium as I bought her a mate and they bred many times, being a rare perfect couple. However, on introduction to the aquarium the Khuli promptly disappeared down the airlift tube and was never seen again! LOL!

I would prefer a more active outgoing loach than the Khuli. To me owner satisfaction is very important and I would either recommend the Clown Loach or Yoyo or Chain Loach depending on the size of the accomodation that can be provided.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
OverSpun
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Chalupacabra
Replies
Views