Quick question about my java fern

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Might try pulling the Java Fern up a bit through the DW hole. Have the rhizome wedged against the wood & off the substrate. Its not good to bury a rhizome plant into the substrate.

YellowGuppy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Are all of your leaves biologically attached to each other, or are they a bunch of leaves tied together with string? The latter is an unfortunately common practice by some less-reputable sellers, which will unfortunately impact the trajectory of your fern's lifespan. Hopefully it's the former - if not, let me know and I'll explain a little more!

OP
D

darthlung

Reaction score
A201 said:
Might try pulling the Java Fern up a bit through the DW hole. Have the rhizome wedged against the wood & off the substrate. Its not good to bury a rhizome plant into the substrate.
Okay I’ll do that, the picture is kinda odd because it looks like it’s in the substrate but it is isn’t
YellowGuppy said:
Are all of your leaves biologically attached to each other, or are they a bunch of leaves tied together with string? The latter is an unfortunately common practice by some less-reputable sellers, which will unfortunately impact the trajectory of your fern's lifespan. Hopefully it's the former - if not, let me know and I'll explain a little more!
I think biologically, I don’t remember seeing any rubber bands on it, I remember thinking I was gonna rip it apart accidentally lol

OP
D

darthlung

Reaction score
Mike1995 said:
I'd take it out of the hole and just attach it to the top of the wood.
How would I do that? I have nothing to attach it

Mike1995

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
darthlung said:
How would I do that? I have nothing to attach it
Sewing thread or a thin fishing line will work. Over time after the roots of the fern start attaching themselves, the thread or line will dissolve. it's okay if the fern isn't super tight and secure. Its better to leave them a little loose.

OP
D

darthlung

Reaction score
Mike1995 said:
Sewing thread or a thin fishing line will work. Over time after the roots of the fern start attaching themselves, the thread or line will dissolve. it's okay if the fern isn't super tight and secure. Its better to leave them a little loose.
Oh wow that seems pretty simple. I'll have to try it, i think im gonna try what A201 said first if no improvement i will attach

New Threads