Quick, But Crucial, Question 'bout Goldfish Important

1. Dandelion-Dream Member Member

Since I don't want to do too much explaining in the initial post (I would rather break it down.), I have a concern as to what might be going on here, by symptoms alone. (But I can, and will, provide a bit more info.)
    What does this sound like? Parasites?

-Clamped fins
    -Scratches
    -Aggression (Doesn't happen much most of the time, maybe a nip or two if they jostle into each other by accident. They go nuts during feeding time, though)
    -Stringy Poo
    -Lack of activity
    -Blemishes and "freckles"

The reason why I'm keeping this so stubby is that lately, I've been feeling not-so-good about my fish. It's an absurd, indescribable mixture of not showing enough concern and worrying extensively about them, even experiencing insomnia and overall anxiety.

2. ChuthuluFish Member Member

is the poop clear, clamped fins might mean bad water,lack ity could be stress,or ammonia wats youre tank and stocking. also what type of goldifish?

3. Liz♡Gold Initiate Member

I agree with navyfish4life, it sounds like a water quality issue. Do you have pictures of these "freckles"?

Also, what are your water parameters?

4. JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

as stated above what are your current water parameters?

by white freckles do you mean ich? a picture would help.

5. Princethepurplebetta Member Member

What are the parameters? What size tank do you have them in?

6. Dandelion-Dream Member Member

My parameters are all within healthy range. Sunday's a water change/water test day, so I'll get some more up-to-date info.

I can't add a pic just yet. The freckles are black and smaller than a sand grain.

7. RyleighJ Member Member

Stringy poop usually makes me think internal parasites (though there are other explanations); scratching, clamped fins, and the "freckles" makes me think external parasites. I've used both Seachem MetroPlex and Seachem ParaGuard for parasites and had luck with both. I believe medicine with prazoquantel in it (e.g. PraziPro and others) is also used for parasites, but I've never used it before.

8. Dandelion-Dream Member Member

Should I treat them for parasites, then?
    On Chance, the smaller fish, her gills are a tad pinker (underneath the covering) than Silhouette's. Is this normal?