Questions regarding Krib fry

Salth2onewb

Hi Krib experts I posted a while ago a number of questions having to do with my Krib fry. I am still not OK with having to separate a beautiful and harmonious couple to avoid them from breeding. Dad’s living the life in the community tank and mom is with the fry - hiding miserable … probably plotting to kill me for taking her man. Or she may not be living anymore… I haven’t seen her in a while lots of guilt here …

Anyway, although I’ve done an OK job (if I must say so myself) for someone who knew absolutely nothing about breeding Kribs - I was just buying two “pretty” fish

My fish store to take them. Last count was about 23 … if they could stay still for a second so I could properly count them ‍ So two questions: How big should they be for me to bring them to the fish store? I do not want them to be big enough to start breeding Also, I would like to keep two males in the 20 gallon tank… that’s if mom is dead. My luck karma will have me choose a male and female Could I do that? Keep two males in the 20 gallon tank and make that tank a community tank? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• D3BC4F81-DECD-4B56-BADC-A2344D7ED5BE.jpeg
    D3BC4F81-DECD-4B56-BADC-A2344D7ED5BE.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 4

Gennasharples

Hi Krib experts I posted a while ago a number of questions having to do with my Krib fry. I am still not OK with having to separate a beautiful and harmonious couple to avoid them from breeding. Dad’s living the life in the community tank and mom is with the fry - hiding miserable … probably plotting to kill me for taking her man. Or she may not be living anymore… I haven’t seen her in a while lots of guilt here …

Anyway, although I’ve done an OK job (if I must say so myself) for someone who knew absolutely nothing about breeding Kribs - I was just buying two “pretty” fish

My fish store to take them. Last count was about 23 … if they could stay still for a second so I could properly count them ‍ So two questions: How big should they be for me to bring them to the fish store? I do not want them to be big enough to start breeding Also, I would like to keep two males in the 20 gallon tank… that’s if mom is dead. My luck karma will have me choose a male and female Could I do that? Keep two males in the 20 gallon tank and make that tank a community tank? Thanks in advance.
so i got my albinopair at 4 months old and they spawned a week after I got them so I would sell as soon as they get to 4 months old if you dont want them breeding. should also be able to tell the gender at that stage.

in my opinion and from my experience females work better in a community tanks and they have the bright ink belly all the time if there are no males so they are really pretty.

Salth2onewb

Thanks for responding. I remember the female was the first to catch my eye - she was very pretty, but I always connected more with the male mostly because he connected with me and was the more peaceful of the two with the other fish. He is in the community tank now and does a little chasing, but everyone seems to be happy. That’s why I was asking big two males would be OK together. I’ll have too first, get ready to hand them over to the fish store.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
KribensisLover1
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
Salth2onewb
Replies