Questions On Feeding African Cichlids (i Need Your Experience!)

DoubledCashew

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have a tank of 7 African Cichlids. All mbuba I believe. They range from about a little over half an inch to 1.5-2 +inches. I currently feed them API Cichlid floating pellets. I also squeeze in some basic tropical fish flakes for the little guy, because he can't get the pellets easily. Which I know is bad because of the high protein, but it's all I have to get him to eat. And I figured it might help him bulk up a bit..haha.

But...I want to get into mixing it up and and maybe some natural foods. Which I've avoided because I just got my cycle established 2 days ago. But now I'm ready. I've heard people do peas or zuchini? I'd love for some suggestions as well as how to to prepare and feed without clogging the filter or making a mess. Thanks kindly! I need all the info and ideas I can get! Raw, natural, dried, anything!

Hommicidalclownfish

Reaction score
I usually feed my cichlids marine food, they seem healthier and their colors look better. I would try frozen foods if you can, there's all different kinds, I usually go with one that has a mixture of stuff in them

New Threads