Advertising

1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

Questions for the plant detectives (please help/confirm plant ID)

1. bigCEE

bigCEE New Member Member

Hello everyone, as the subject suggests, I'm interested in confirming a few IDs of plants that I purchased from a local hobbyist.

Without further adieu, through a combination of "suggestions" from the seller and my own research this is what I think I have (including pictures of the plants in the order listed).

Picture 1
    Cryptocoryne Chordata (var blassii?) - 4 small plants with roots
    AND
    Cryptocoryne Wendtii var. rubella - 1 medium/large plant with root and 8 stems

Picture 2
    Echinodorus Tenellus "Narrow Leaf Chain Sword" or "Pygmy Chain Sword" - 6 small plants, medium light

Picture 3
    Rotala Indica - approx 10 long stems/shoots with small leaves but no obvious root, high light?

Picture 4
    Close up of Rotala Indica

Picture 5
    Ludwigia repens ("Rubin" or "mini super red"?) - approx 7-10 long stems/shoots with roots, medium to high light

Picture 6
    Amazon Sword - 1 root bunch with 4-5 stems/leaves, moderate to high light with fertilizer and/or root tabs

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

I'm not so up on my crypts but I think you're right on the rest:)

3. OP
    OP
    bigCEE

bigCEE New Member Member

Thanks Aquaphobia! Do you happen to keep any of them yourself? If so, under what conditions (lighting, ferts, root tabs, etc)? Any advice?

Advertising