75 Gallon Tank Questions about tank mates

Tyler0220

I am planning on getting an oscar for my 75 gallon. I was thinking maybe silver dollars or a convict with it but still looking for ideas. My main question is what's a good bottom feeder that can be with an oscar? Only fish I could find an alligator pleco but not sure if the oscar could eat it.

BigManAquatics

Maybe if you got it some time before the oscar and give it a chance to grow so the oscar can't fit it in it's mouth. At least that is what i would try, anyway.

Upvote 0

ForceTen

The Oscar will eat anything that he can fit and try to fit in his mouth.

Upvote 0

Tyler0220

Clown loach, Raphael Catfish, Sailfin Pleco, Common Pleco, and Synodontis Angelicus all get too big to be eaten by an oscar
I would love those but the tank is only a 75 gallon and I cant upgrade it so I was looking for a catfish/pleco that is big enough to not get eaten and small enough to fit in a 75

Upvote 0

MonsterGar

I would love those but the tank is only a 75 gallon and I cant upgrade it so I was looking for a catfish/pleco that is big enough to not get eaten and small enough to fit in a 75
Raphael Catfish are small enough for a 75. Clown Loach and Synodontis Angelicus might also be small enough. Despite many people saying clown loaches get up to 12 inches, in aquariums I only see them get about 7-10 inches.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
FitSoldier
Replies
Views
IanM
Replies
Views
richiep