Questions About Seachem Garlic Guard

1. ChrisTheFishkeeper2004

ChrisTheFishkeeper2004 Valued Member Member

Hello, I recently got a new school of Serpea Tetras that don’t like to eat anything. I read about Seachem Garlic Guard and it is supposed to help fish wanna eat. My question is... how would I Soke the flakes in it? Wouldn’t the flakes just dissolve? Thanks for any help

2. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

I think it would. what you can do is drip a little of the garlic guard on the napkin and place some flakes on it then let it sit for a bit. It should cover them in the smell.

What it does is boost their immune system and stimulates their hunger.

3. Neutral-Waterinos

Neutral-Waterinos Valued Member Member

Yes garlic is great only problem is that it thins the blood of fish so if one got cut I don’t think it would be able to clot. But no need to worry in all cases garlic is great : )

4. bitseriously

bitseriously Well Known Member Member

Most of the medicated flake/food recipes that call for garlic include a soak, then a dry (I know you're not medicating these, but it serves as a point of reference). Try putting the garlic guard in a spray bottle, lay your flakes out on some tinfoil (placed close together, but with as little overlap as possible), give it a light spray (enough to soak flakes, but not get them floating or breaking up), then leave to dry again. Once they're dry, collect them into a container, and feed as normal.
    All this is similar but much easier if using pellet food. Place pellets in small dish or cup, pour a few drops/dribble of garlic, stir well to coat all, and place in fridge to dry, stirring occasionally. Re-seal when all the moisture is gone.

5. OP
    OP
    ChrisTheFishkeeper2004

ChrisTheFishkeeper2004 Valued Member Member

Thanks for all the responses this really helped.