Questions About Seachem Garlic Guard

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by ChrisTheFishkeeper2004, Jun 15, 2018.

1. ChrisTheFishkeeper2004

ChrisTheFishkeeper2004 Valued Member Member

Hello, I recently got a new school of Serpea Tetras that don’t like to eat anything. I read about Seachem Garlic Guard and it is supposed to help fish wanna eat. My question is... how would I Soke the flakes in it? Wouldn’t the flakes just dissolve? Thanks for any help

2. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

I think it would. what you can do is drip a little of the garlic guard on the napkin and place some flakes on it then let it sit for a bit. It should cover them in the smell.

What it does is boost their immune system and stimulates their hunger.

3. Neutral-Waterinos

Neutral-Waterinos Valued Member Member

Yes garlic is great only problem is that it thins the blood of fish so if one got cut I don’t think it would be able to clot. But no need to worry in all cases garlic is great : )

4. bitseriously

bitseriously Well Known Member Member

Most of the medicated flake/food recipes that call for garlic include a soak, then a dry (I know you're not medicating these, but it serves as a point of reference). Try putting the garlic guard in a spray bottle, lay your flakes out on some tinfoil (placed close together, but with as little overlap as possible), give it a light spray (enough to soak flakes, but not get them floating or breaking up), then leave to dry again. Once they're dry, collect them into a container, and feed as normal.
    All this is similar but much easier if using pellet food. Place pellets in small dish or cup, pour a few drops/dribble of garlic, stir well to coat all, and place in fridge to dry, stirring occasionally. Re-seal when all the moisture is gone.

5. OP
    OP
    ChrisTheFishkeeper2004

ChrisTheFishkeeper2004 Valued Member Member

Thanks for all the responses this really helped.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice