Questions About Salty Shrimp Gh+

wem21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hi guys,
My cycle on my 8 gal red cherry shrimp tank is done, but my GH is only 2-3, so I want to raise it with the Salty Shrimp GH+. But, I have a few questions.
1. Once I dissolve enough into my tank to make the GH 6, will it stay at 6 indefinitely? Or will I have to keep adding every few days/weeks?
2. When I do water changes, should I add enough to make my tap water go from 2-3GH to 6GH? Or should I just pour it straight in with nothing but dechlorinator?
3. What's a reliable way to measure it out?

Cheers

richie.p

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi wem21 first of all to get this right you must have a TDS meter it will save a lot of messing around later, your mix will not stay constant and you will have to add gh+ on every water change, on your tank I'd be looking at 15% water change 5ltr weekly mix half a scoop of gh+ in a little tank water and add it to the tank if you've got a tds meter take a reading and let me know

wem21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
richie.p said:
Hi wem21 first of all to get this right you must have a TDS meter it will save a lot of messing around later, your mix will not stay constant and you will have to add gh+ on every water change, on your tank I'd be looking at 15% water change 5ltr weekly mix half a scoop of gh+ in a little tank water and add it to the tank if you've got a tds meter take a reading and let me know
I need to get a TDS meter I just realized. Are there any budget ones? Also, I had a look at the Salty Shrimp remineralizers and for where I live (Australia) the LFS don't stock them and ordering online is either really expensive shipping, the shipping time being something like a month or two or only the large 750g available, and I don't want to pay that much for a remineralizer that I'm only gonna use on one tank. Are there any alternatives?

richie.p

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You'll have to source equivalent in Australia and tds meter as it is your shrimp will not survive with that gh there is stuff available as there are many shrimpers out there

wem21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
richie.p said:
You'll have to source equivalent in Australia and tds meter as it is your shrimp will not survive with that gh there is stuff available as there are many shrimpers out there
Ok, sure
Do you know of any alternatives? Is seachem equilibrium any good?

richie.p

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No problems with neocaradina I've not heard Its bad for caradina but then again I've never used it

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom