Questions About Pygmy Cory

mmp4

Right now I have eco-complete as my substrate with a little section of regular gravel. I've heard that it is better to have a sand substrate if you have pygmy corys. Would they be ok with my eco-complete? Also are they compatible with shrimp in the tank?

OnTheFly

Not sure if this will help you but I have some Pygmies. They have cleanup duty in a fry tank with fine gravel. They seem very happy. They are not the least bit aggressive. All cory probably prefer sand but as long as it isn't sharp they seem to do fine. They were raised in gravel for decades in this hobby without a problem. Sand is still the best idea IMO.

mmp4

Not sure if this will help you but I have some Pygmies. They have cleanup duty in a fry tank with fine gravel. They seem very happy. They are not the least bit aggressive. All cory probably prefer sand but as long as it isn't sharp they seem to do fine. They were raised in gravel for decades in this hobby without a problem. Sand is still the best idea IMO.
Thanks.

BottomDweller

Pygmies are more mid dwellers than bottom dwellers (unlike most cories) so it doesn't affect them as much as it would affect most other cories

OnTheFly

Pygmies are more mid dwellers than bottom dwellers (unlike most cories) so it doesn't affect them as much as it would affect most other cories
Agree, when mine aren't just laying on the bottom resting they spend half the time in the middle third of the tank.

Bettanewb

I usually find mine when their resting on plant leaves. Or trying to school with the cardinals.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fanatic
  • Question
Replies
Views
Fisheye
  • Question
10 Gallon Tank Pygmy Cory Questions
Replies
Views