Questions about plumbing sump

au01st

OK, well the overflow box and stuff should be here Friday. What kind of plumbing goes from the bulkheads? Flexible plastic, PVC? I would also like to add a ball valve to cut that off without breaking the siphon if maintenance is required.

Off my return pumps, the outlet is 3/4" barbed, I assume for flexible tubing, but all the check valves I can find are for PVC slip fittings (not familiar with this type of connection). I want to install a check valve on each pump and a ball valve on the whole system, again, for maintenance. I also would prefer to use a Y instead of a T to reduce the pressure on the pumps so both lines go into the Y instead of meeting head-to-head in a T.

Also, I'm not sure if I am going to use a spray bar, or a U over the top of the tank in the middle with directional arms.

Any help?

au01st

Alright, I'm going to ditch the dual pump idea and just get one pump rated at 600gph at the head. I'm going to use the over the top U-tube, but would like to add 2 flexible ball socket arms to allow me to direct the flow in 2 directions. The U-tube is here:

Supposing I get the larger tube (3/4" to 1") what size socket adapters will I need? I'm thinking the 3/4" will work, but was just wondering if anyone knew. Here are the adapters:

Going off the U-tube above, I will do a "Y", part F, then two 6" tubes, part A, then two 3" flare nozzles, part B. Is all this feasible, or am I wasting time? I thought about the spray bar more, and I just like that I'll be able to have more control over this setup than the spray bar.

Also, I solved the check valve situation. $22 on eBay for clear check valve with 3/4" barbed fittings, and it's from a seller that sells aquarium supplies, so that's set. With the check valve on the pump side, all I need is a pvc ball valve on the overflow side and I am set. I think I've got it all figured out, now I just have to save up some more cash, lol. These misc parts will put me about $150 over budget, but that's not too bad. I'm sure I'll have pics as I go.

Latest threads

Top Bottom