Questions about my Gold Dojo Loach

NickCavoli

Hey Guys!
I recently got a golden dojo loach and have some questions about his behavior::
Usually he's pretty chill, just hanging around the bottom of the tank looking for food and nestling into some plants. Today, however, he has been really active. He keeps running around the tank, not so much glass surfing, but more just doing a bunch of laps. I cleaned the tank the other day and did a water change, and all the water tests I do are coming back fine, so I think it must be something else.

I also know that dojo loaches are also called weather loaches, and we've been having some weird weather lately. Not so much rain storms or anything, but its been cold, windy, and cloudy (which is a big change for where I live in CA). Could he maybe just be responding to the weather changes?

Thanks!

jinjerJOSH22

Hi, welcome to fishlore.
To me this just sounds like typical Dojo behaviour and absolutely nothing to be concerned with =)

Upvote 0

Gameynerd23

It may have been responding to the weather changes, but I haven't noticed that behavior in my Dojos. Mine are either chilling in the dimmer parts of the tank or out in the open area digging through the sand. I'm just curious, but how big of a tank is it in? And do you have more than one Dojo Loach? I have five in a 75 gallon tank.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Gameynerd23
  • Question
Replies
Views
Gameynerd23
  • Question
40 Gallon Tank Sick Dojo, bacterial?