Questions About Buying New Bigger Tank - Page 2

  • Thread Starter

Jeffsglo

Member
Michael.j.gomez said:
Hello, just found out Walmart has a web site & app. U can have items shipped to store located near you. Items cheaper than in store & most free delivery! You might want to give it a try. Hope this helps!
Hello, and thank you so very much! I checked out walmart and found a 55 gallon stand and starter kit aquarium. Stand is $97.00 and aquarium is $179.00 Wow what a great deal. I really want to thank you. I purchased both and they will deliver next wednesday to my house. I took out the 4 yr warranty for an additional $26.00 because I read the reviews and they were saying that the lights LED go out. And also some filters pumps were defective. I don't want any problems. LOL. Thanks again

MissRuthless said:
I've bought all my tanks used (15-30 or so, up to 55g) and I won't buy your tank if you're not willing to fill it up and show me there's no leaks. I think that's fair when shopping secondhand. It's also super, super easy, cheap and fairly quick to cut out the seal and reseal it if you feel so inclined.

I can't stomach the thought of what some of y'all pay for setups. My 55 gallon tank cost me $35 with hoods, lights, heater and a decent filter - I got it from an older couple who had had it running since the mid 90s and it's still going strong. Nice acrylic tanks can be had for awesome prices secondhand as well, and are much less likely to spring a leak with age.
Thanks for your comments. I don't want to take any chances with my basement flooding. As it is finished and carpeted. I ended up buying a 55 gallon starter kit from walmart for $179.00 and a stand for $97.00 brand new. I have a warranty for the kit for additional $26.00. NO Worries you know? I will try and find cheaper new parts for it. Thanks again

Niaa said:
I'd look at the cost of individual items and see if you can get something better. Right now they have Fluval 40 gallon filters on sale for 29.99 (usually $80), so getting a tank and then that kind of filter might be cheaper.
As for the size, I'd go with the 29. Trust me, you are going to want more than you think you do right now. I have the 20 gallon and am going to upgrade to the 38g bowfront soon. I was able to successfully grow my plants in the 20 with standard lighting, but IDK about the taller 29g.
I'm going with a 55 gallon starter kit and stand for under $300.00
 

Frozen One

Member
MikeRad89 said:
It’s a huge waste of your money. Petco has dollar per gallon sales regularly for tanks up to 55 gallons.

55 bucks, a 40 gallon filter, a 5 dollar bag of pool filter sand. Spend about 100 bucks for a tank 3 times the size.

Never buy a starter kit in any hobby, it’s always a complete rip off.
I disagree that kits are always a rip off. Maybe a 29 gallon kit but a 3, 5, or 6 gallon kit aren’t a rip off whatsoever. Obviously that’s not what you’re going for but just thought I would make that clear. The dollar per gallon sale right now isn’t for 55g. It’s half off but getting a 29 gallon would be smart. You could get the same sand, you could make your own sponge filter for $5-10 and would be way cheaper
 
  • Thread Starter

Jeffsglo

Member
What about under substrate filter? Do I need one for my new 55 gallon?
 

Frozen One

Member
Jeffsglo said:
What about under substrate filter? Do I need one for my new 55 gallon?
I don’t think you would need one but it of course would not be a bad ide
 
  • Thread Starter

Jeffsglo

Member
Jake21 said:
I don’t think you would need one but it of course would not be a bad ide
I think I will go with the sponge filter. Two will probably do the trick. Thanks
 

Frozen One

Member
Jeffsglo said:
I think I will go with the sponge filter. Two will probably do the trick. Thanks
That sounds great, there are a ton of videos on the web on how to make them it’s super quick and easy.
 

ralph113

Member
I would ask them for the dollar prr galon sale.
 

Drew31

Member
I called a Petco ~1hr from me and 55 gallon were quoted as being ~$55 with the current sale. Debating on the drive myself.
 

Jay Chen

Member
Drew31 said:
I called a Petco ~1hr from me and 55 gallon were quoted as being ~$55 with the current sale. Debating on the drive myself.
I'd do it you get to save money
 

Chandell

Member
MikeRad89 said:
It’s a huge waste of your money. Petco has dollar per gallon sales regularly for tanks up to 55 gallons.

55 bucks, a 40 gallon filter, a 5 dollar bag of pool filter sand. Spend about 100 bucks for a tank 3 times the size.

Never buy a starter kit in any hobby, it’s always a complete rip off.
Oh shoot! I new nothing about fish and in January bought a starter kit 38 gallon marine land from petsmart. I bought it boxing day for half price. I hope it holds out, now I am feeling nervous about my tank!
 

Kyleena696

Member
I think marineland tanks are okay. It's all the other equipment that makes the kits overpriced and not worth it.
 

Fashooga

Member
Jeffsglo said:
I think I will go with the sponge filter. Two will probably do the trick. Thanks
Remember sponge filters are only biological media and doesn't do anything in terms of mechanical...The difference between a biological and mechanical?

Biological-It supports the system of the tank. Sponges, bio rings, lava rocks...whatever holds bacterial is biological.

Mechanical-Items such as filter floss (Poly fil/wool) clean out the fine particles of the tank such as dust and left over foods. It gets sucked up by the filter (not a sponge filter) and collects the dust as it travels up the system before it comes back out through the outtake. Carbon is also a mechanical as well.

So keep in mind, having a sponge filter will work but also keep in mind that if your tank is dusty a sponge filter won't clean up and give you that crystal clear water.

Frozen One said:
That sounds great, there are a ton of videos on the web on how to make them it’s super quick and easy.
The DIY sponge filters are great but that's if you have a ton of tanks. The cost to get the materials, PVC and tile costs about a buck a piece...so lets say the OP buys $2 a piece...so that's $4.00...then to buy the silicone that the OP will likely only use once costs $8.00...that's already $12.00 spent on two sponges. Plus the labor to build it...the OP could buy the sponge filter online or at a store for about $6-$8? So $12-$16? All the work to save $4?

I get it's fun but at the same time is it feasible?
 

trainandfishguy

Member
Chandell said:
Oh shoot! I new nothing about fish and in January bought a starter kit 38 gallon marine land from petsmart. I bought it boxing day for half price. I hope it holds out, now I am feeling nervous about my tank!
Don't be. I have had Marineland aquariums and they are good. I think what I meant to say is that they are good for starting out. Eventually, a lot of us get so into the hobby and learn more that we realize that we need or want to upgrade to better set ups. For example. I started with a 10 gallon kit tank. The tank in itself has not had any issues. Evenetually though, I learned that my heater was not up to the job. I had to replace it. Later, the filter was not doing to good a job. I replaced it as well and overfiltered my tank. Think this is the issue with most but if you don't overstock your tank, keep up with water changes and are happy with your setup, you are more than fine. Enjoy!
 

Frozen One

Member
Fashooga said:
Remember sponge filters are only biological media and doesn't do anything in terms of mechanical...The difference between a biological and mechanical?

Biological-It supports the system of the tank. Sponges, bio rings, lava rocks...whatever holds bacterial is biological.

Mechanical-Items such as filter floss (Poly fil/wool) clean out the fine particles of the tank such as dust and left over foods. It gets sucked up by the filter (not a sponge filter) and collects the dust as it travels up the system before it comes back out through the outtake. Carbon is also a mechanical as well.

So keep in mind, having a sponge filter will work but also keep in mind that if your tank is dusty a sponge filter won't clean up and give you that crystal clear water.



The DIY sponge filters are great but that's if you have a ton of tanks. The cost to get the materials, PVC and tile costs about a buck a piece...so lets say the OP buys $2 a piece...so that's $4.00...then to buy the silicone that the OP will likely only use once costs $8.00...that's already $12.00 spent on two sponges. Plus the labor to build it...the OP could buy the sponge filter online or at a store for about $6-$8? So $12-$16? All the work to save $4?

I get it's fun but at the same time is it feasible?
It’s not only for the purposes of cost. Sponge filters have many great benefits
 

Fashooga

Member
Frozen One said:
It’s not only for the purposes of cost. Sponge filters have many great benefits
I don't doubt they have great benefits. I have a sponge filter in sitting in the corner of my 90g for QT purposes only. I just don't think building sponge filters are feasible for one tank vs. just buying it.
 

Frozen One

Member
Fashooga said:
I don't doubt they have great benefits. I have a sponge filter in sitting in the corner of my 90g for QT purposes only. I just don't think building sponge filters are feasible for one tank vs. just buying it.
not every place sells them, my guy..
 

Mcasella

Member
Fashooga said:
I don't doubt they have great benefits. I have a sponge filter in sitting in the corner of my 90g for QT purposes only. I just don't think building sponge filters are feasible for one tank vs. just buying it.
You can build it to include mechanical parts of filtration and other bits you may want to add (such as extra media).
 

Chandell

Member
Kyleena696 said:
I think marineland tanks are okay. It's all the other equipment that makes the kits overpriced and not worth it.
Thanks
 

eukendywa

Member
I bought a starter kit - 55L - and after adding up the parts separately I found I got a good deal comparing those two options. I would have spent another $150 to buy the parts separately in that store. I'm not comparing it to online purchases. my two cents...

MikeRad89 said:
It’s a huge waste of your money. Petco has dollar per gallon sales regularly for tanks up to 55 gallons.

55 bucks, a 40 gallon filter, a 5 dollar bag of pool filter sand. Spend about 100 bucks for a tank 3 times the size.

Never buy a starter kit in any hobby, it’s always a complete rip off.
 
  • Thread Starter

Jeffsglo

Member
I ended up getting the 55 gallon starter kit. And also bought a sponge filter. Which I will add to the two mechanical filters it comes with. I can use the sponge filter or one of the media from the mechanical filters for QT if needed. I will see if any other parts are needed as I go along. Thanks for all your comments and ideas. I really appreciate it. And I am learning a lot.
 

SFGiantsGuy

Member
Ugh, big BIG shame that Petco doesn't sell acrylic tanks for $1 a gallon...lol...
 
  • Thread Starter

Jeffsglo

Member
Well you know how it is. They just don’t make em like they used to.
 

capecodder

Member
I bought from Petsmart the marineland 38 gallon bow front as a kit. Since I wanted a planted tank I've now purchased a light and I also purchased a better heater. I've had no trouble with the tank itself, the cover or the pengium marineland HOB filter.
 

Redguppy67

Member
Purchase the largest tank you can afford and have room for. The larger the Aquarium, the easier to care for. With a proprly planted, filtered and arranged will come more pleasure than you can handle. Purchase the right Filter, pump, Heater, Substrate and you can't go wrong. Look into Sands and small sized gravel. Purchase only what you will be happy with. In some things, yoe've just got to suit yourself. Whatever you decide, Make it FUN!
 
  • Thread Starter

Jeffsglo

Member
Redguppy67 said:
Purchase the largest tank you can afford and have room for. The larger the Aquarium, the easier to care for. With a proprly planted, filtered and arranged will come more pleasure than you can handle. Purchase the right Filter, pump, Heater, Substrate and you can't go wrong. Look into Sands and small sized gravel. Purchase only what you will be happy with. In some things, yoe've just got to suit yourself. Whatever you decide, Make it FUN!
Thank you so much! I just received my new 55 gallon aquarium Thursday. But went out of town. I will be home Sunday afternoon. I will be setting up my new set up. I’m thinking of posting from start to finish on aquarium builds. So people can see what to do and not to do. I am very excited. And my wife and kids are very supportive. It’s a fun family hobby. Although I do all the work. Haha.
 

trainandfishguy

Member
Jeffsglo said:
Thank you so much! I just received my new 55 gallon aquarium Thursday. But went out of town. I will be home Sunday afternoon. I will be setting up my new set up. I’m thinking of posting from start to finish on aquarium builds. So people can see what to do and not to do. I am very excited. And my wife and kids are very supportive. It’s a fun family hobby. Although I do all the work. Haha.
That is a good size and it opens up so many possibilities. I think your picture idea is a great one as well. Would be fun to follow your progress.
 
  • Thread Starter

Jeffsglo

Member
ok, so I finally got to take the new 55 gallon aquarium outside and test filled it. It held great. It says it's tempered glass aquarium. The stand is put together also. I am going to get the black diamond blasting sand this week. And I am going to set up hood lights on hood. The lights that came with set up are only white. So I found two 6 inch long blue lights for $16.oo at walmart. That attatch to the aquarium and they are water resistant. I went to the LFS and talked to them about the fish. They want $8.99 for each zebra danio and $14.99 for each tiger barb. I plan on buying 12 zebra danios for the fish in cycle. I hope to get my aquarium pump that pumps 80 gallons per hour and is adjustable this coming friday. The setup came with a in tank 30-60 gallon mechanical filter. I also bougt a sponge filter from LFS. It also came with a 200 watt heater that is adjustable and submersible. But will keep it vertical and the top out of tank. I think the stand is ok. But I am going to reinforce it with some 4 inch by 4 inch lumber to make it even more sturdy. The back is totally open except for the center that has a board. It just needs more support in my opinion. When I get all the setup ready. I will call LFS to order the 12 fish. They will call me when they come in. And I will go pick them up. Today I will go to Petco to look at artificial plants. They have a sale for $10.00 off of $30.o0 purchase. I want some taller plants and maybe a couple new decorations.
 

Mcasella

Member
Jeffsglo said:
ok, so I finally got to take the new 55 gallon aquarium outside and test filled it. It held great. It says it's tempered glass aquarium. The stand is put together also. I am going to get the black diamond blasting sand this week. And I am going to set up hood lights on hood. The lights that came with set up are only white. So I found two 6 inch long blue lights for $16.oo at walmart. That attatch to the aquarium and they are water resistant. I went to the LFS and talked to them about the fish. They want $8.99 for each zebra danio and $14.99 for each tiger barb. I plan on buying 12 zebra danios for the fish in cycle. I hope to get my aquarium pump that pumps 80 gallons per hour and is adjustable this coming friday. The setup came with a in tank 30-60 gallon mechanical filter. I also bougt a sponge filter from LFS. It also came with a 200 watt heater that is adjustable and submersible. But will keep it vertical and the top out of tank. I think the stand is ok. But I am going to reinforce it with some 4 inch by 4 inch lumber to make it even more sturdy. The back is totally open except for the center that has a board. It just needs more support in my opinion. When I get all the setup ready. I will call LFS to order the 12 fish. They will call me when they come in. And I will go pick them up. Today I will go to Petco to look at artificial plants. They have a sale for $10.00 off of $30.o0 purchase. I want some taller plants and maybe a couple new decorations.
Holy cow 8.99$ for a zebra danio? They are like .99$-1.99$ most places. (Unless they are glodanios?) 12.99$ is steep for barbs as well, even globarbs (those are about the same cost as longfin glotetra). I would suggest finding another place if possible because those prices are steep for a very cheap fish (they breed readily and are easy to care for, so suppliers have no issues producing them).
 

SegiDream

Member
Mcasella said:
Holy cow 8.99$ for a zebra danio? They are like .99$-1.99$ most places. (Unless they are glodanios?) 12.99$ is steep for barbs as well, even globarbs (those are about the same cost as longfin glotetra). I would suggest finding another place if possible because those prices are steep for a very cheap fish (they breed readily and are easy to care for, so suppliers have no issues producing them).
I was thinking the same exact thing, I've never shopped for these fish before but that is pretty darn expensive for relatively common fish. Like locally, rare or uncommon fish sell in that price range and still some of the "not so common" fish I can get for much cheaper than that! Are you sure that's the price per fish??? If so and that's your only LFS option, you can probably find better prices online especially if you are buying in bulk. I wouldn't cycle a tank with expensive fish. I know it sounds horrible but I would use an inexpensive hardy type of fish (something you can return to the store when done) or do a fishless cycle.

Edited to add: I just did a quick search for zebra danios and there's a seller on aquabid you can get 10 for $27.50 shipped directly to you. Fyi.
 
  • Thread Starter

Jeffsglo

Member
Yes, they are both glow fish. I do have other fish stores further away. I will check around. Do you think getting them directly shipped to me is safe? I will look into this. And yes, $8.99 a piece for zebras and $14.99 a piece for Tiger barbs.
 

Mcasella

Member
Jeffsglo said:
Yes, they are both glow fish. I do have other fish stores further away. I will check around. Do you think getting them directly shipped to me is safe? I will look into this. And yes, $8.99 a piece for zebras and $14.99 a piece for Tiger barbs.
I would honestly not start with glofish just because of the cost of them, they are more expensive to replace if they die. Cycle with a cheaper fish or do a fishless cycle.
 
  • Thread Starter

Jeffsglo

Member
Thank you all for your comments. I am keeping to my plan. I will start the fish in cycle with 12 glow fish zebra danios. It will cost me $107.88 plus tax. I have read that they are as hardy a fish as the non glow fish. They are from the mino family. I have bought everything that I need so far for a glow fish 55 galllon tank. I don't know what to do with other fish after I cycle tank. Just think how nice it will look with 12 glow fish zebra's and 12 glow fish tetra's or tiger barbs. Plus my kids glow fish after the tank cycles. I have read that a lot of people cycle tanks with zebra danios. So this is the best fish for the cycle. I am thinking of using the zebra's and after they are secure and safe. Adding the 6 tetra's or tigers, then 6 more. I have read about a place online from california. That ships straight to your door. Next day air, but is not anymore cost effective than my lfs. Everyone has an idea of what they want to put in their tanks. Mine is glow fish :)-

So bear with me please. I will never know what if, if I don't stick with my plan. I will post all my set up pictures as I go along on my aquarium builds. I hope I don't have any fatalities. But will do my best to keep my little guys happy. The ones that make it, will be in heaven on earth. I have found that online shipments from places sounds like a great idea for people on this forum. That don't have near access to fish, fish food, and accessories. I was looking at . They have a lot of choices. They even have glow fish. And they have free shipping on orders $99.00 or more. But I did not need that many fish. So the money I was saving, was going to be spent in shipping. But you can buy individual, or 10 at a time. Pretty cool. I will keep you informed of my progress.

Oh and also, I should be able to take back the fish that does not make it to the LFS for replacement.
 

SegiDream

Member
Jeffsglo said:
Yes, they are both glow fish. I do have other fish stores further away. I will check around. Do you think getting them directly shipped to me is safe? I will look into this. And yes, $8.99 a piece for zebras and $14.99 a piece for Tiger barbs.
Yes it should be safe. You can check sellers reviews etc before you buy from them. The seller I saw is reputable and has standard policies. Those prices are still very high. I'm beginning to see a pattern in this thread and it's worrisome.

Jeffsglo said:
Oh and also, I should be able to take back the fish that does not make it to the LFS for replacement.
Most stores require a water sample along with any dead fish to prove that your tank is cycled and that it wasn't your water that killed them. IMO if you kill fish because you're using them to cycle your tank, that is on you not anyone else so you shouldn't expect anyone else to cover those losses.

However, setting up a new tank and enjoying your masterpiece and watching happy fish enjoying their new home is tons of fun. Best of luck to you and your new fishies
 
  • Thread Starter

Jeffsglo

Member
SegiDream said:
Yes it should be safe. You can check sellers reviews etc before you buy from them. The seller I saw is reputable and has standard policies. Those prices are still very high. I'm beginning to see a pattern in this thread and it's worrisome.



Most stores require a water sample along with any dead fish to prove that your tank is cycled and that it wasn't your water that killed them. IMO if you kill fish because you're using them to cycle your tank, that is on you not anyone else so you shouldn't expect anyone else to cover those losses.

However, setting up a new tank and enjoying your masterpiece and watching happy fish enjoying their new home is tons of fun. Best of luck to you and your new fishies
Thank you for your comments. I know I’m still new to the hobby. And I appreciate all your advice. I don’t know all the ways to save money. I have been reading a lot. And doing research. But did not want to spend a lot. I guess these are newbie mistakes. I am happy with my purchases. And the reason the fish are so expensive is they are glow fish. So once I get the tank up and running. It will look amazing. I’ve really become attached to my kids fish. So this is the next step. I finally convinced my wife to let me get a bigger tank. And as needed I can upgrade. It will be a challenge with so many fish. I’m a little nervous. I am doing my build slowly. So I have everything I need. It’s the thrill of the chase. It’s exciting and fun. My two ten gallon tanks that have the glow fish in them have been through s lot. Lol. So on to the next step/level. I look forward to posting my progress. Happy fish keeping;-)
 

Cardeater

Member
I've used liveaquaria, well the Diver's den version at least. I did a lot of research on them. The consistent thing about them is that they stand by their 14 day guarantee. Iffish arrive dead or they die, they'll refund or credit you. Even people that had bad experiences admit no problems getting refunds.

BTW, if you look around, there's codes that save 15%. Also if you sign up for their rewards program, you get an additional 5% off your next order. I just ordered some frozen food from them but I forgot what code I used, but I'll try to look it up

They have the best guarantee in the online world. Quality might arguably be better elsewhere, though Diver's den is a step up for certain fish types from liveaquaria, but you get free shipping for large orders and the 14 day guarantee.

Prices can be higher with liveaquaria but when you factor in the non free shipping at other places, it's close.

Edit:
Just looked at glofish prices on liveaquaria. These are even cheaper than I've seen at stores near me.

Editx2:
I can't figure out what code I used. I googled for liveaquaria discount codes and kept trying the different codes that popped up until one worked when I ordered yesterday.
 
  • Thread Starter

Jeffsglo

Member
Cardeater said:
I've used liveaquaria, well the Diver's den version at least. I did a lot of research on them. The consistent thing about them is that they stand by their 14 day guarantee. Iffish arrive dead or they die, they'll refund or credit you. Even people that had bad experiences admit no problems getting refunds.

BTW, if you look around, there's codes that save 15%. Also if you sign up for their rewards program, you get an additional 5% off your next order. I just ordered some frozen food from them but I forgot what code I used, but I'll try to look it up

They have the best guarantee in the online world. Quality might arguably be better elsewhere, though Diver's den is a step up for certain fish types from liveaquaria, but you get free shipping for large orders and the 14 day guarantee.

Prices can be higher with liveaquaria but when you factor in the non free shipping at other places, it's close.

Edit:
Just looked at glofish prices on liveaquaria. These are even cheaper than I've seen at stores near me.

Editx2:
I can't figure out what code I used. I googled for liveaquaria discount codes and kept trying the different codes that popped up until one worked when I ordered yesterday.
Thank you very much! I really appreciate your researching for me. My lfs said it takes 1-2 weeks to get fish in. Then they want you to pick them up right away. I can’t time that very well. So I was thinking of buying their 10 pack of glow fish danios. And adding some single fish also. That way I can get the discount. As far as I’ve read. You cannot mix food and fish for discount. So maybe I will do some other fish as well. Or just pay the shipping. Haven’t decided. But I like the 1 day delivery. And the Saturday delivery option. I can set up the tank. And know the fish are on their way. Thanks again. Yesterday I spent putting wood lumber supports in my new stand. I used one 4 x 4 inch. And several 2 x 4’s. I still have to support the front with one or two more pieces of 2 x 4. Here’s a pic or two.
IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG


I still have to support the stand to the wall with 90 Degree angle brackets. I have young kids you know.
 

Mom2some

Member
It is completely possible to do a fish-in cycle without losses. Have your API test kit ready, bacterial starter (TSS+ or Stability) and a way to change water. In a 55 you have thankfully more room for error. About how big are the fish they are shipping you? 1 inch? 2? Based on my experience & lots of cycling problem solving I would expect you to be able to do a TSS+ fish in cycle with 10 1 inch fish in a 55. Just follow the directions precisely. There is a good thread with a Q&A from TSS that is stickied. I have kids - I get why a fishless cycle is not right for all families.
 

Cardeater

Member
I guess I'm sort of doing a fish in cycle now with my QT tank. Filter had bacteria as it had been running on my main tank for like a month but it's load was low as I have a lot of filtration going on there.

My ammonia has been fluctuating up to 4ppm. They key is testing regularly, every day would be ideal but it gets annoying. Also necessary are water changes and Prime. Prime detoxifies up to 4ppm Ammonia for the 5x max dose given on the package and can be removed every 24 hours according to FAQs manufacturer has on their website. It can lock up that ammonia into a non toxic for for 24-48 hours (nitrites too but I forgot the amount). The good thing is that the bacteria can still process this detoxified version of ammonia and nitrite so they can feed and frow. Meanwhile, your fish don't suffer as much.

I'll defer to others concerning stability bacteria and how that works
 
  • Thread Starter

Jeffsglo

Member
Yes, thank you. I have read the tss+ and it creates a cycled pretend tank instantly. And then gives the bio filter time to work. The fish will be around 1 inch each. I still need a pump to pump water changes. Any suggestions? And two tubs to pump into and out of.
 

Cardeater

Member
Jeffsglo said:
Yes, thank you. I have read the tss+ and it creates a cycled pretend tank instantly. And then gives the bio filter time to work. The fish will be around 1 inch each. I still need a pump to pump water changes. Any suggestions? And two tubs to pump into and out of.
Personally, i.just use a python water changer. A pump will be faster. Python sure beats changing with buckets. I still can't believe I used to change out 50+ gallons using 3 gallon buckets!
 
Top Bottom