Questions About Blood Parrots

Randomfish556

Ive really liked blood parrots for a while but I thought I had read that they are really aggressive and shouldnt be kept with any tankmates and not even with more of their own species. I started researching them again today and read that they can be in community tanks and with more of their own species. Does anyone have experience with them? What fish can they be kept with and what fish cant be kept with them? How aggressive are they? Is it a good idea to add them into a community tank with smaller peaceful fish?

Haleyygreenn

Hello! I was on here trying to figure out how to post on a forum and I saw your question. I have a blood parrot and it started out being in a tank with a few other non-aggressive fish. Eventually, one by one, my smaller fish started disappearing and my larger fish were constantly being chased by my blood parrot. He now is very aggressive and I cant have any other fish with him or he will kill them or try to kill them. But, I hear most of them are super friendly and a pleasure to keep. I think it just depends on the individual fish and their personality, but also I'm not really sure.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Kellyendler
  • Question
Replies
Views
MacZ
  • Question
Replies
Views
ButtercuptheOranda