Questions About Beamswork DA Lights

Zach72202

Hello, I am looking to slap a light on both of my 40B tanks and I have been considering the Beamswork DA light. One of these tanks will be brackish and the other is undetermined, but I know I do want to plant it. I was wondering if anybody has experience with the "BeamsWork DA FSPEC LED Aquarium Light" (Will link Amazon page). I was curious as these are much cheaper than a fluval 3.0 and better priced than a Finnex Stingray Planted+. Does anybody have experience with these lights and in terms of 'strength' what would I be looking at? Low, Med, High?
Thanks for reading!

Side note: I quite like the look of water wisteria, could they grow this?

Here is the light of question:
Amazon.com : Beamswork DA FSPEC LED Aquarium Light Pent Freshwater 0.50W (90cm - 36") : Pet Supplies

KasumiKi

I predominately use those lights! I needed something cheap for a bunch of tanks and as far as I’ve experienced, they’re about medium strength and grow easy plants quite well. I don’t use any high-tech things with them, just easy plants like hornwort, guppy grass, pearl weed, some java moss, and water sprite. It’s grown them all quite well for me! :)

OP
Zach72202

Zach72202

Thanks for the reply, what size tank do you have them on? Just curious because I plan to use them on a 40b since they are shallower.

toeknee

Well Known
According to the guy in this forum who used a PAR meter I would put them in the medium to medium-high lighting range depending on tank depth. He has a chart with various PAR readings at different tank depths.... I used one on my 55 gallon with no CO2 with good results. I now use two of them on the 55 with CO2 with even better results. I definitely recommend them.

OP
Zach72202

Zach72202

Awesome. I will be ordering several of these lights as soon as I can then! Thank you for the help!

New Threads