question..

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i have my fry mollie in a 5 g, tank for now..i know its small im moving him to a 20 later. Though would i be able to put a algae eater in that small a tank, are they hardy enough, or should i just get a snail. i need something to help clean my tank, its clear enough just always had something like that, it helps

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
no one knows?

orangeson

Reaction score
yes you can get a otto they dont get but 2 inches big and eats the algee

whetto

Valued Member
Reaction score
you might not want to get an "algae eater" as they can grow big enough to bother and even take bites out of other fish. I would recommend an Otocinclus catfish, or an Otto. they only grow to about 2 inches maybe and arent aggressive.

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yea lol i think im gonna get a snail though..personally i dont really like bottom feeders too much

whetto

Valued Member
Reaction score
actually otto's arent bottom feeders per se, i frequently find my little guy (Hoover) all over the sides of the tank, the leave of my plants, my heater, etc. they are very cute if you can get them to survive long...

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
o yes they are very cuts..but i think my tanks too small cuz it less then 5 gallon and if we're going by the gollon per inch thing it just fits my mollie, so i think ill have to wait till when i find a tank to put my mollie in...so i guess ill get a snail, they wont take up much oxygen from the fish will they...i would like maybe a aple ivory mystery snail..like i saw some people on here have but i think they might be rare

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom